Euro spec performance auto shifting

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Euro spec performance auto shifting

Euro spec performance auto shifting

US cars shift manually in performance mode (unless you use launch control and keep the wheel straight). Any way to get the euro spec performance mode TCU software that auto shifts through Audi wothout “tuning” the car and messing with warranty?
    Im assuming no

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by R_8cho View Post
    US cars shift manually in performance mode (unless you use launch control and keep the wheel straight). Any way to get the euro spec performance mode TCU software that auto shifts through Audi wothout “tuning” the car and messing with warranty?
    Im assuming no
    No EU R8 i have come accriss auto shifts in performance mode. All the ones i have seen and driven are all manual shift only inc launch

Re: Euro spec performance auto shifting

Really? That stinks

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Really? That stinks [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.r8talk.com/forums/images/smilies/frown.gif[/IMG]
    why would you want auto shifting?

Quote Originally Posted by 911pdk View Post
    I want the option. Its better for track. If u want to only manually shift get a manual. My last car was a manual, this is not

And your handle is 911 pdk. So u can stop being a hard ass.

And your handle is 911 pdk. So u can stop being a hard ass.
    Firstly the pdk is also as manual as any auto in manual mode so im not sure what that comment means, iv never owned an auto and actually left it in auto personally and never will, i bought a supercar not an 2 class, secondly auto is certainly not good for track, the tcu is good but its not track good by any means. Thats said im sure if you speak to Audi they may have a suggestion for you, failing that a good Vag coder may have some incite

This took a bit of a turn...

Regardless, I'm a guy who has never daily driven a true automatic. I don't like automatics. DCTs, however, are different. My S3 I drove in manual mode maybe twice. It wasn't worth using manual mode. The car shifts much better when it doesn't have to account for what you want. I like manuals, but I don't need to drive every car in manual mode. I feel like it would be far better at shifting on track than any of us would be. It would certainly shift faster.
    2017 Audi R8 v10 | Mythos Black Metallic
    2016 Shelby GT350 | Magnetic Gray

This is probably why all the GT's were R-Tronic LoL.
    Black/Gold 09 V8 Coupe R-Tronic. Black/Gold 05 Race prep'd Yamaha R1.

Firstly the pdk is also as manual as any auto in manual mode so im not sure what that comment means, iv never owned an auto and actually left it in auto personally and never will, i bought a supercar not an 2 class, secondly auto is certainly not good for track, the tcu is good but its not track good by any means. Thats said im sure if you speak to Audi they may have a suggestion for you, failing that a good Vag coder may have some incite
    I agree with you and my comment was out of line so im sorry. Second, pdk is like witchcraft and the s-tronic tcu logic is no where near as good in sport mode. What i would like is something similar to sport + in a 911. My 911 was manual and altho it was pretty slick on track, it always held me back because im not as good as the car. Couldnt focus on brake zones and lines as much, plus when you get on the edge its nice to have two hands For quick steering inputs. On the street, manual is amazing. I guess i just gotta live with the current situation amd give it a try

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast