First post , looking to take home my new to me R8 this weekend

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Thread: First post , looking to take home my new to me R8 this weekend

Pip

First post , looking to take home my new to me R8 this weekend

Hello everyone , I am in the process of acquiring a white 2017 v10+ , very excited to drive it home this weekend. One thing I don't like are the bucket seats, looking to change to the fully adjustable diamond stitch comfort seats. Would you guys know if these are bolt on and no modifications needed , or I can change to aftermarket Recaro's if this is possible as well without throwing any lights on the dashboard

Hope to get some pictures up soon. Will be doing some basic mods like wheels and maybe an exhaust (choosing between IPE , Capristo or Kline). By the way , how do you know if the car has magnetic shocks ? Looking to purchase hydraulic front lift system from KW and they are asking me this question. The person I'm buying from is not sure and I can't pull up the build sheet from the VIN online

This is my first R8 so I'm really excited to be part of this community

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: First post , looking to take home my new to me R8 this weekend

Others can correct me but if you are in the US/it’s a US car it will not have mag ride shocks - believe it would need to be an import from Canada or EU to have mag ride...Audi opted not to go mag ride in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezridah View Post
    Others can correct me but if you are in the US/it’s a US car it will not have mag ride shocks - believe it would need to be an import from Canada or EU to have mag ride...Audi opted not to go mag ride in the US.
    Yes, because it's a Plus. The standard R8 has mag-ride.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

AFAIK, the seats are interchangeable. The only difference being the 'comfort' seats have side airbags that the buckets don't and I'm not sure if the connections are identical but would guess they probably are.
    10 V10 Coupe, Ibis, 6MT, Capristo, Carbon Blades, OZ Ultraleggera HLT's, Maxton Splitter.
    Maintained by RE Performance.

Mitsubishi Evo V1 RS450 Extreme

Hidden Content

Pip

Thanks for the replies everyone , will be asking some of our vendors here on the board for advice on the seats.

If the bucket seats have no side airbags , I might be able to throw in a pair of Recaro's on the car, those always fit my frame well.

I am in Asia so I will be heading to the dealer next week to check if these have mag rides

Congrats on the upcoming purchase hope everything goes smoothly. Looking forward to pics and the project.

9. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements