2012 V10 6MT Daytona Grey Carbon Fiber, higher mileage opportunity

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Thread: 2012 V10 6MT Daytona Grey Carbon Fiber, higher mileage opportunity

2012 V10 6MT Daytona Grey Carbon Fiber, higher mileage opportunity

Mileage and price update: Did some driving this weekend, current miles are 65.5k. Also reducing price to 75k. Getting fairly firm at that price as if it doesn't sell I am looking at keeping it.

So toying with the idea of selling my 2012 v10 6spd. Higher miles (will go up since I drive it once a week) but all maintenance is up to date and the car has been properly cared for. Runs like a dream. I have documented everything I have done to it with pictures or posts either on this forum, a local R8 FB page in Dallas, R8 owners corral on FB. I have a few fellow R8 owners in Dallas that would be willing to vouch for the car as well.

More on the car (carfax is available). Spent 50k miles of its life as a florida car, maintained by The Collection in Coral Gables Florida. It received regular maintenance, including an AC compressor replacement at ~30k miles. Car spent the next 10k miles in NC. I picked it up at just over 60k miles in Birmingham Al. Drove it back to TX and have loved every second of ownership.

Got it home and started to put some work and money into it....

At 62k miles I did carbon cleaning, Avior performance exhaust, injectors cleaned and serviced with new teflon seals and orings, new intake manifold gaskets (upper and lower ones).

At 63k I noticed my AC wasn't working and found that I had a leak in my driver side condenser. Replaced the condenser and the dryer (should always be replaced when the system is opened!) and vacuumed and refilled the system to included fresh PAG oil.

(64.2k) A few weeks after getting the car home noticed it had a small oil leak which I found to be coming from the oil pump shaft oring, very common, so I waited until 64k to fix it to align with the next oil change. Pulled oil pump, thermostat housing, water pump, and thermostat and replaced every oring between them pump assembly and the engine (theres a ton of them). Flushed and refilled coolant, and fresh oil change.

Planning to do trans fluid and spark plugs in the next few weeks.

Thats the maintenance side of things. For the fun stuff the car is a Daytona Grey Pearl manual v10. Carbon fiber package, and basically the titanium package with the rims it has on it now. BC coilovers (no leaky mag ride). Illuminated door sills. Everything works. Nothing leaks. Car is extremely fast...duh. I had the car ceramic coated and clear bra on the front bumper, half hood, a pillars, mirrors, and the front edge of the carbon side blades. Debadged the hood, but still have the emblem. Has a few small rock chips on the front bumper. And a few touch ups on the driver door and hood.

Has Avior performance exhaust, but I still have the stock and would be more than willing to reinstall that for any buyer.

Tires are like new evo k12s.

I would be looking to get 78k, as this would make it the cheapest clean title, manual v10 r8 in the country...that I can find at least. I am still a little reluctant to sell but I am looking at purchasing an airplane in the next 6 months and wouldn't be able to afford both.

Have tons of pictures for prospective buyers. Just putting it out there to see if anyone would be interested. Thanks! Oh and sorry about the thumb in the second pic, I suck at taking pictures. 210-789-0776

0420191510.jpg0420191757.jpg0316191819_HDR.jpg0316191820b_HDR.jpg0316191821_HDR.jpg
    Last edited by jaynick1; 07-18-2019 at 05:49 AM.
    2012 R8 V10 6MT

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: 2012 V10 6MT Daytona Grey Carbon Fiber, higher mileage opportunity

Seems like a sweet ride. Just curious how the clutch is at that mileage? Good luck with the sale.
    2010 Audi R8—- Gone.
    Beating up on my daily 2018 Raptor Hidden Content

Clutch still very strong. From the "viewing" area underneath, looks like there's still quite a bit of surface left.
    2012 R8 V10 6MT

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Bump! Price drop. Little shot from this weekend.

output (1).jpg
    2012 R8 V10 6MT

Bump for a price drop!
    2012 R8 V10 6MT

Also added some blacked out badges. Still have the chrome ones for any buyer as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2012 R8 V10 6MT

9. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements