anyone up for trading an R8 for a very custom 911?

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Thread: anyone up for trading an R8 for a very custom 911?

anyone up for trading an R8 for a very custom 911?

I don't not like my 911 but I've just had my eye on R8's for a while and just thought I'd throw it out there and see. this Porsche has a ton of new stuff and we even featured in an online article during the build. The link below is to the build thread if anyone is interested. Steel wide body, custom body part (made them myself) custom interior, engine mods etc. lots of stuff.

Just throwing it out there, if not no biggy and thanks for looking.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: anyone up for trading an R8 for a very custom 911?

quick pic so you see what I got. its quick sick
    Attached Images Attached Images

Don’t see a link here on Tapatalk. Also need details of what R8 you are trying to trade more. Actually just need details in general lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dreday View Post
    Don’t see a link here on Tapatalk. Also need details of what R8 you are trying to trade more. Actually just need details in general lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry link didn't work, trying again.

as far as what R8... anyone that is rust free (like my Porsche) runs good and doesn't' have any issues that would scare me away.

I have put about $18k into the Porsche in the last 2 years bringing it back to life and its a blast to drive. the only downside FOR ME is the 3.4 motor is pretty much maxed out and Porsche didn't leave much room for improvements other than what I have already done which puts it around 325bhp. its not slow but its not fast. very quick out of the hole but most sports cars can catch it by 3 gear. the handling especially after what I've done though is pert near unmatched.

someone at the track a few weeks ago had an earlier R8 and said "wanna trade" I thought he was joking and blew it off but ... got me thinking lol I'm more than happy to keep my Porsche but like mentioned .. thought I'd throw it out there.

mine is a 1999 so please ... please don't bring up the IMS issue lol it doesn't apply. the 99's had less than a 1% failure rate because it had the original dual row stronger bearing. so the failure of this motor is no different then any motor breaking a piston ring or a chevy spinning a rod bearing.

to list everything done to the car... best to just go through the build thread. less then 1500 on the car miles since that build thread.

Thanks
    Brian

Attachment 237222Attachment 237224Attachment 237226Attachment 237228

It wont let me post link to the build because I'm a new member

The build thread is up to 67k views and has so many pics from start to finish anyone know how many posts I have to have before I'm allowed to put a link in my thread?
    Last edited by ttt123; 06-28-2019 at 06:17 AM.

Got to be realistic mate. I don’t see anyone in right mind considering trading min$50k car to your max $20k car. Your mods and colors are only worth extra coin to you. Most will see a silly body kit with some questionable “show” and “no go” ..good luck

Just got an R8 two days ago, so am not looking to trade, but am curious about what you've done to your 911. have you found a way to get the URL to the build details posted?

“Rust free”. These cars is plastic and aluminum.

996 🏻

12. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements