2010 R8 V10 GATED $79k 37K Miles - Page 2

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 R8 V10 GATED $79k 37K Miles

Re: 2010 R8 V10 GATED $79k 37K Miles

This is a slamming deal.

I would of thought v10 gated and this pristine would be 90k.
    v10 REV9
    Rohanna 20x
    BC Coils

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by donovan View Post
    This is a slamming deal.

I would of thought v10 gated and this pristine would be 90k.
    Prices have dropped quite a bit over the past year. Especially for higher mileage ones. Ive seen a couple dealers recently sell cars for 80-85k for MT6 V10 with 20k miles, so private sales are probably lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonydt1g3r View Post
    Prices have dropped quite a bit over the past year. Especially for higher mileage ones. Ive seen a couple dealers recently sell cars for 80-85k for MT6 V10 with 20k miles, so private sales are probably lower.
    Do you have evidence of the actual selling prices of these "dealer" sold cars ? What were options/colors/number of owners of each? Were all the service records provided?

I don't understand the relevancy of this conjecture here.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

The evidence is online, I get daily emails from autotrader, cars.com and cargurus. And I just bought a V10 MT6 under 20k miles for 85k........ the comment is to explain why the price is what it is for those who are not up to date with the current market value. I am not thread crapping just helping people get up to date. Dont get mad at the truth.

For what it is worth, the seller is not returning calls or messages. Unsure if this car is still for sale...

Thumbs down Re: 2010 R8 V10 GATED $79k 37K Miles

The evidence is online, I get daily emails from autotrader, cars.com and cargurus. And I just bought a V10 MT6 under 20k miles for 85k........ the comment is to explain why the price is what it is for those who are not up to date with the current market value. I am not thread crapping just helping people get up to date. Dont get mad at the truth.
    The evidence is online and it does not support any of your comments. Great if you found an example for the price you stated. Clean carfax?

In a quick search, for any examples of 2010-2012 V10 manuals, the ones in the low 80s have accidents on the carfax. Check it out yourself.

These types of unsolicited comments on prices within individual sale advertisements serve no purpose, no one is entitled to your opinion.

Some other auto forums disallow price commentary unless a seller explicitly asks for input and such posts get removed. We need the same moderator practice here which appears to be referenced in the sticky regarding rule for the classified section, please see #6 listed below:

6) Please be polite when responding to advertisements. Requests for information and factual clarifications are appropriate; gratuitous criticisms of the seller's items and pricing, or other thread hijacks which may adversely affect the ability to sell, are not welcome and may be edited or deleted. Please consider how you would feel if the comment you are about to post was placed by someone else in your own advertisement!

Instead of saying "good luck with sale" or something positive, we get this seagull manager approach.

Why not try starting a thread with R8 deals/finds online and let people comment on there? That would be much more informative and useful instead of these posts.
    Last edited by txtony; 09-12-2019 at 11:30 AM. Reason: added citation to sticky regarding classified ad postings

Quote Originally Posted by txtony View Post
    The evidence is online and it does not support any of your comments. Great if you found an example for the price you stated. Clean carfax?

In a quick search, for any examples of 2010-2012 V10 manuals, the ones in the low 80s have accidents on the carfax. Check it out yourself.

These types of unsolicited comments on prices within individual sale advertisements serve no purpose, no one is entitled to your opinion.

Some other auto forums disallow price commentary unless a seller explicitly asks for input and such posts get removed. We need the same moderator practice here which appears to be referenced in the sticky regarding rule for the classified section, please see #6 listed below:

6) Please be polite when responding to advertisements. Requests for information and factual clarifications are appropriate; gratuitous criticisms of the seller's items and pricing, or other thread hijacks which may adversely affect the ability to sell, are not welcome and may be edited or deleted. Please consider how you would feel if the comment you are about to post was placed by someone else in your own advertisement!

Instead of saying "good luck with sale" or something positive, we get this seagull manager approach.

Why not try starting a thread with R8 deals/finds online and let people comment on there? That would be much more informative and useful instead of these posts.

Obviously you feel some type of way about the current value of the R8, and I am sorry that you are getting worked up over car prices falling over time. Fact of the matter is there have been plenty of cars sold in that range with clean car fax's. Mine included which is proof of my comment..... Like I said you need to set up alerts, obviously good deals sell quick so your run of the mill search today is going to be different tomorrow. If you feel like giving buyers as much information as possible and helping other potential owners is impairing sales of the car then take that up with the admins. I was just trying to explain why this car was priced at the price it was to someone else, I did neither say the price was high or low that is just your interpretation. So please if you don't have anything useful to say don't get worked up over someone trying to help others.

Also for evidence just read this forum. There are plenty of cars that are sold for those prices. Off the top of my head I can think of the very nicely optioned red MT6 V10 with 20k miles that sold for 85k early this year. There was a really nice white one with lots of add ons under 10k miles that sold for 95k and took a long time to sell. These prices were listed in the thread and confirmed so theres no argument there. If that is the upper limit, then obviously higher mileage lower optioned one would be less...... its common sense listed prices on auto trader arent actual selling prices, just like the listed prices here arent what it sells for.

Also for evidence just read this forum. There are plenty of cars that are sold for those prices. Off the top of my head I can think of the very nicely optioned red MT6 V10 with 20k miles that sold for 85k early this year. There was a really nice white one with lots of add ons under 10k miles that sold for 95k and took a long time to sell. These prices were listed in the thread and confirmed so theres no argument there. If that is the upper limit, then obviously higher mileage lower optioned one would be less...... its common sense listed prices on auto trader arent actual selling prices, just like the listed prices here arent what it sells for.
    There was also a 2011 Red R8 MT that sold for 100k+ (actual) in the last couple months, so you really cant say. If you want to share you opinion on how prices should be, just msg the OP in private or create a thread about it. I've seen you post like this before and it doesn't ever help the OP in his sale.

Thumbs up Re: 2010 R8 V10 GATED $79k 37K Miles

Quote Originally Posted by APOLLOSKI View Post
    There was also a 2011 Red R8 MT that sold for 100k+ (actual) in the last couple months, so you really cant say. If you want to share you opinion on how prices should be, just msg the OP in private or create a thread about it. I've seen you post like this before and it doesn't ever help the OP in his sale.
    Thank you Apolloski, I figured I was not the only one to see this pattern.

Don't believe this site has an "ignore user" feature as I have seen on others but this user clearly characterizes the need to create one. Definitely will be on mine.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast