Will 18 clear gen2 ccb's?


  1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

    Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!
     
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Will 18 clear gen2 ccb's?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    53

    Will 18 clear gen2 ccb's?

    I'm wondering if an 18" wheel (345/35/18) will clear the CCB's? Anyone have any idea?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member DaveL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Fortaleza, Ceará, Brasil.
    Posts
    1,195

    Re: Will 18 clear gen2 ccb's?

    I think you need a minimum of 19" to clear them.

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    switzerland
    Posts
    675

    Re: Will 18 clear gen2 ccb's?

    Quote Originally Posted by boom_td1 View Post
    I'm wondering if an 18" wheel (345/35/18) will clear the CCB's? Anyone have any idea?
    Gen 1 and Gen 2 CCB discs are the same, 380mm diameter.
    the only 18" wheel that clears the 380mm CCB discs is the ATS GTR Motorsport wheel. Especially made for that application (originally for BMWs 380mm discs but fits others too).
    http://atswheels.com/atswheels/portfolio/gtr-gtr-evo/, max size is 11x18 so a 325/35/18 is max.
    I had the 380mm discs with Brembo 8 Pot R8 (the R8 brake, just the centers with BMW 5/120) and the ATS GTR in 9.5x18 on my BMW 1M.
    Last edited by Helldriver; 04-01-2019 at 05:51 AM.
    Notice: We guarantee fast service, no matter how long it takesHidden Content

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member DaveL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Fortaleza, Ceará, Brasil.
    Posts
    1,195

    Re: Will 18 clear gen2 ccb's?

    Here's a couple of photos of my car showing clearance on 20" wheel with CCB brakes and calipers.

    Will 18 clear gen2 ccb's?-wheel-4.jpgWill 18 clear gen2 ccb's?-wheel-3.jpg

  7. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    53

    Re: Will 18 clear gen2 ccb's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Helldriver View Post
    Gen 1 and Gen 2 CCB discs are the same, 380mm diameter.
    the only 18" wheel that clears the 380mm CCB discs is the ATS GTR Motorsport wheel. Especially made for that application (originally for BMWs 380mm discs but fits others too).
    http://atswheels.com/atswheels/portfolio/gtr-gtr-evo/, max size is 11x18 so a 325/35/18 is max.
    I had the 380mm discs with Brembo 8 Pot R8 (the R8 brake, just the centers with BMW 5/120) and the ATS GTR in 9.5x18 on my BMW 1M.
    This is amazing. Thank you, these will form the basis of my track tires!

  8. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    switzerland
    Posts
    675

    Re: Will 18 clear gen2 ccb's?

    I can confirm they fit R8 with CCB, friend tried it out with his ATS GTR 9x18 and CCB brake.

    Will 18 clear gen2 ccb's?-ats-gtr-18-zoll.jpgWill 18 clear gen2 ccb's?-ats-gtr-18-zoll-ccb.jpg
    Last edited by Helldriver; 04-04-2019 at 02:50 PM.
    Notice: We guarantee fast service, no matter how long it takesHidden Content

  9. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    19

    Re: Will 18 clear gen2 ccb's?

    do you know the offset for the front 18 x 9 rim ?

  10. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    switzerland
    Posts
    675

    Re: Will 18 clear gen2 ccb's?

    Quote Originally Posted by MB17V10+ View Post
    do you know the offset for the front 18 x 9 rim ?
    these were originally for porsche and mounted with adapter plates. Best way to mount them on R8 anyhow as ATS is only producing these wheel on demand in a lot of 6 similar ones, so you need 3 R8 who want the exakt same setup (paid upfront for all 12 wheels and production time 3 month)
    ATS GTR is a very common track wheel for 911 and cayman GT4 in sizes that fit the R8. So you get them new as tuners order them upfront/stock them or used with offsets around 45-55 which gives you 20mm space for the adapter plates.

    will ask him about ET and adapter plates.
    Last edited by Helldriver; 04-05-2019 at 06:47 AM.
    Notice: We guarantee fast service, no matter how long it takesHidden Content

  11. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    19

    Re: Will 18 clear gen2 ccb's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Helldriver View Post
    these were originally for porsche and mounted with adapter plates. Best way to mount them on R8 anyhow as ATS is only producing these wheel on demand in a lot of 6 similar ones, so you need 3 R8 who want the exakt same setup (paid upfront for all 12 wheels and production time 3 month)
    ATS GTR is a very common track wheel for 911 and cayman GT4 in sizes that fit the R8. So you get them new as tuners order them upfront/stock them or used with offsets around 45-55 which gives you 20mm space for the adapter plates.

    will ask him about ET and adapter plates.
    Thats not good , it will be almost impossible to find 2 more guys interested in them . I'd like to get a set of 4 [ front and rear ]

  12. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    switzerland
    Posts
    675

    Re: Will 18 clear gen2 ccb's?

    Quote Originally Posted by MB17V10+ View Post
    Thats not good , it will be almost impossible to find 2 more guys interested in them . I'd like to get a set of 4 [ front and rear ]
    i know, that's why I recommended you to get the ones made for Porsche and use adapter plates...
    Notice: We guarantee fast service, no matter how long it takesHidden Content

  13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 18 inch track wheels for Gen2 V10 Plus
    By ottmarton in forum Wheel and Tire Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2018, 11:37 AM
  2. Those with CCB - where do you get your tires changed?
    By devious_sandwich in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-10-2015, 02:21 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-22-2014, 08:01 PM
  4. FS: Audi R8 Replacement Front CCB (Carbon Ceramic Brake) Discs 380*38mm - NEW
    By LD-OEM Parts in forum Vendor Classifieds and Specials
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-2014, 10:06 AM
  5. clear coat / clear bra experience?
    By darkmatter in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-10-2009, 11:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0