19" wheels

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Thread: 19" wheels

19" wheels

Hi all, new to the forum and thought I'd jump in with a beaten, dead horse. As much as I love the look of 20s, I'd rather keep the 19" diameter as to not sacrifice ride comfort, performance, etc.

Most wheels I am finding are 19x8.5F and 19x10.5R. I imagine this is fine given a 35 to 45 offset, respectively; but consensus seems to be 19x9F, 19x12 rear.

If the larger base is recommended, which brands carry a 19x12? Pending cost, the only difference I see is running a 305 on a 10.5" wheel versus a 325 on a 12" wheel, correct?

I'd like to achieve as concave a look as possible given the limitations of a 19" wheel as well as really flush up the wheel to the car.

If I'm overlooking anything please chime in, or if you have particular brand recommendations that won't run me $5k+ for just wheels, let me know. Thanks so much everyone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: 19" wheels

My experience thus far has been it's difficult to find any quality 19s of appropriate width/offset/bot pattern for the rear off-the-shelf so to speak. Most people seem to go custom in either 19 or 20 (in the sense of going with HRE, ADV, etc. or even BC Racing where the wheel is built to spec for the car). BC Racing come in under the 5k mark easily, but I have no experience with them personally - I have heard predominantly good things both on this forum and other places online.

I'm sure there are options out there, but the selection off-the-shelf isn't vast from what I've seen.
    Hidden Content
    2010 Sepang Blue R8 V10 | 6-speed Manual | Carbon Blades | Carbon Engine Bay | Limestone Interior

Mods:
    | JRZ RS Pro Sport Suspension | VF Hex Tune | Fast Intentions Exhaust | Reid Intakes |
    | Maxton Design Lip, Skirts, and Wing | Xpel PPF | Modesta Ceramic |

--Other Vehicles--
    2001 Honda S2000

I guess I'll need to research more. I have a hard time justifying a purchase of $4-5k for 19" wheels w/o rubber when it'll be easier and likely cheaper to go with off the shelf 20s. Someone convince me to stick with 19s for ride and performance, otherwise I might have to go to the dark side.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

I think he means BC Forged. That's what I have. Ordered a set with custom offsets for around $4k.

Check their website. They have a buttload of styles to choose from.

https://www.bcforged-na.com/
    Last edited by GT#298; 05-02-2019 at 10:05 PM.

I was in a similar dillema and in the end went for OZ Ultralaggera. They are slighty convex on the fronts but have a nice concave look to the rears. They came in at around £2200 GBP.

19" wheels-dscn2440.jpg
    10 V10 Coupe, Ibis, 6MT, Capristo, Carbon Blades, OZ Ultraleggera HLT's, Maxton Splitter.
    Maintained by RE Performance.

Mitsubishi Evo V1 RS450 Extreme

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by GT#298 View Post
    I think he means BC Forged. That's what I have. Ordered a set with custom offsets for around $4k.

Check their website. They have a buttload of styles to choose from.

https://www.bcforged-na.com/
    Here's a wrench to throw in. Custom 20s aren't much more expensive than 19s per their pricing calculator. I can only assume the ride would be stiffer with 20s, but I imagine the forged wheels would be lighter than most off the shelf 20s and stronger as well. Any thoughts on considering the 20" forged option? Just thought I'd consider everything.

you can find plenty rotation forged off the shelf wheels in 9x19 and 11x19.

Have a look at Rohanna, eg RF1 or 2 in 9x19 and 11x19 is around 2400$ or Ispiri. Lightweight (also in 20") and good quality. I run RF2 Rohanna in 20" = dark side
    rotatry forged is light, stable and cheap to produce. There are a lot forged wheels that are heavier then a rotary forge one with lightweight in mind.
    the difference between 19" and 20" is often less then 300-400g....look at the Ispiri
    https://www.ispiriwheels.com/ispiri-ffr6.html
    RFF6 there is hardly any difference...and 10.6kg for a 11x20 is very light already, the lightest stock 11x19" weight the same.

The problem is the rear as for 19" there are not many cars=customer which can fit a 12x19. So no off the shelf wheels with mass production=cheap
    You could have luck with Porsche of the shelf wheels, then you need stud pattern adapter. Porsche has offset around 50, with 15mm adapters you have perfect offset 35 till 40 for the R8.

That is different in 20"....come to the dark side

you don't need a 325 tyre rear unless you are forced induction or a modified V10. thats just more unsprung weight. 11 wide with a 305 is the right choice then.
    Last edited by Helldriver; 05-03-2019 at 05:31 AM.
    Notice: We guarantee fast service, no matter how long it takesHidden Content

10. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements