Audi R8 Forums banner

New wheels and tires mounted.

4K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  GT#298 
#1 ·
I know, I know. . .everyone said you can't fit 345's on a gen.1, so I went and did it.
The wheels are Motion Wheels, 20x12+51 & 20x8.5+37
The tires are Toyo T1R's, 345/25ZR20 & 255/30ZR20

Toyo runs a little narrow for their rated measurements, so they're probably closer to 335 & 245. They aren't expensive tires, but Toyo has surprised be in the past, and when I put my desired sizes into TR's website, there were only two matching options; these and some Pirellis. Having had my fill of Pirellis, I decided to give these a shot at nearly $700 less.

There is no rubbing at all following my spirited driving test this evening, and I love the look of these wheels on my multi-grey car. What do you think?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Audi r8
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design White
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Auto part Car
Alloy wheel Vehicle Rim Automotive exterior Tire
Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Car Rim

See less See more
#7 ·
335, yes, but a 345 will depend on the actual tire as tire sizing varies greatly between manufacturers and even models within the same brand. Also, the offset of the wheels is critical. On the rear, when selecting a wider wheel, don't go with a more negative offset. Stay between 54 and 50 when cramming meats in the back. As for more pics, I'll try to get it cleaned up and snap a few outside from various angles this weekend.

Love the look. They really suit the colour scheme. Let us know how you get on with the T1R's as they have a poor rep here in the UK.
I shall. As I mentioned, I've been pleasantly surprised by Toyo in the past, but they weren't this performance category. $700 is a significant savings, so we'll see how they do.

They look fantastic
Thanks! Hopefully, I'll stick with this set.

Did anyone notice the Northern Tool jack? I picked it up for two Franklins because it already has the rubber pad (no additional puck needed) and fits under the vehicle. It's really quite nice for the price but like the Toyos, we'll see how long they last.

#3 ·
Love the look. They really suit the colour scheme. Let us know how you get on with the T1R's as they have a poor rep here in the UK.

#11 ·
Absolutely fantastic. I'll probably do a set of Forgelines on these specs (although I may stick with 19's). The wheels by they way key great with your color. Really well done! I might do a transparent red lip to match the GT accents on my spyder with dark transparent smoke centers on a wheel they make that is similar actually. . .This comes AFTER a visit to VF Engineering on my mod list though. . .:)

#12 ·
I love these so much I may decide to sell my BC Forged. Crystal burgundy rims with brushed clear centers. . .still on my avatar. They're 19"s at 12"+54 & 9"+44. They're wearing PS4S 325/30 & 255/35, at 50% and have new TPMS. That's the exact reason I ordered them, and they look great with the red GT details. I'm still mulling it over, but I really don't need three sets. Let me know if you're interested.

#16 ·
Ordering? Those red BC Forged wheels? I don't exactly remember, but it was something like six weeks.

If you're referring to these new wheels, I got them second-hand from a guy in NJ. He had test-mounted one front and one rear, but the other two were brand-spanking new. I've been looking for the perfect wheels, but not at an unjustifiable cost. I stumbled upon these and loved them. The sizes and offsets were perfect and the whole set was about half price. It was a right-place, right-time sort of thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.