Tyre fitment / size confirmation - Page 2

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tyre fitment / size confirmation

Yeah they're not a bad tyre. Why didn't you go with the 255 front?
    As for the tpms don't you have the reset function in the dash menu.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Tyre fitment / size confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by stug360 View Post
    Yeah they're not a bad tyre. Why didn't you go with the 255 front?
    As for the tpms don't you have the reset function in the dash menu.
    Well there were 235's on there before, and from what I can see people seem to most commonly go for 245 as the upgrade option so I thought I'd test that out. But I might go up to 255 on the next set. I do have to wonder if the extra 40mm combined width on the front axle tyres is going to effect the AWD system in some way.
    Anyway, so far no sign of understeer on the car with the new set-up I have

And yeah, appears I don't have the reset function on my car, nothing in the menu options anyway. It's a 2008 model which is probably why?
    V8 | Stage 1 Remap | Daytona Grey Body & Blades | Manual 6 | Valved Capristo Exhaust | Extended Leather | B&O
    Bristol UK

anyone able to suggest the profile for a 315 in the rear on a 19" rim? I've got the 245's in the front that came from the previous owner and 305's in the rear right now. Should I go for the 255 in the front next time around?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by vpatel3473 View Post
    anyone able to suggest the profile for a 315 in the rear on a 19" rim? I've got the 245's in the front that came from the previous owner and 305's in the rear right now. Should I go for the 255 in the front next time around?
    I'd be really interested to hear peoples views on 315 (and beyond) on the rear..
    with a 305 on there the sidewall is already over the edge of the 19 11J rim as it is.
    Although it might look super good, does too much sidewall 'overhang' negatively effect the performance after a point? I.e too much sidewall bulging / compressing /flexing under pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderingmind83 View Post
    I'd be really interested to hear peoples views on 315 (and beyond) on the rear..
    with a 305 on there the sidewall is already over the edge of the 19 11J rim as it is.
    Although it might look super good, does too much sidewall 'overhang' negatively effect the performance after a point? I.e too much sidewall bulging / compressing /flexing under pressure?

I know guys on here say they're running them but they never put the profile of the tire. I know the AWD needs to be at a certain offset. I'm not doing it for the looks. Just looking for a bit more grip with a supercharged setup

I just went with 20s from a 2017 V10 Plus on my 11 Spyder. I did a ton of research on this and spoke to my local R8 tech. It is important on the Gen 1 to make sure front and rear tires are within 3% of each other. Otherwise you take a risk of damaging the AWD.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tyre fitment / size confirmation-20190817_215710_1566521749061.jpg  
    Hidden Content
    2008 Ferrari 430
    1991 Ferrari 348
    1997 Ferrari 355
    2006 Porsche Cayman S
    1999 Porsche Boxster
    2006 Porsche 911 S
    2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage S
    2008 Audi R8 V8 R-Tronic
    2012 Audi R8 V8 6-Speed
    2011 Audi R8 V10 Spyder
    2013 Audi A5
    2006 Lamborghini Gallardo
    1966 Pontiac GTO
    1966 Chevy Nova (Pro Street/Strip)
    1971 Pro Street Chevy Vega
    1931 Model A 5 Window Street Rod
    1977 GMC Jimmy High Sierra

Ya I get that part as the tire changes width the profile number needs to change as well. Say you have a 305/30/19 for a example the height of the tire would be 30% of the width. So if you upsize a tire to 315/30/19 you actually get more of a height profile to the tire even though they're both 30. I'm just looking to make sure I get the right size for my next set of tires.

10. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12