Tyre fitment / size confirmation

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyre fitment / size confirmation

Tyre fitment / size confirmation

Hi guys,
    I have been reading quite a few threads on here about tyre size, some of them very detailed.
    I'm just looking for a fairly basic response to the question of whether my 2008 V8 with 19" OEM on stock wheels + stock mag ride, will take MPS4S:

Front: 255/35/19
    Rears: 305/30/19

Will these tyres go on what I have with no rubbing and no strange camber adjustments? I think the rear should be no issue, but the front is my concern.
    This is the final piece in the puzzle of sorting out this car.

Thanks!
    V8 | Stage 1 Remap | Daytona Grey Body & Blades | Manual 6 | Valved Capristo Exhaust | Extended Leather | B&O
    Bristol UK

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Tyre fitment / size confirmation

There should be a lot of threads on this. The back is no issue. The front I am not sure about without a spacer. I have run 245's in the front with 19" and 20" rims without a problem.
    2014 v10, S-Tronic, Phantom Black Pearl, GMG Racing CF Wing,
    PedalBox, Tubi Rumore Exhaust, VF750 SC
    2014 Audi Q5 TDI

Previous:
    2005 Dodge Viper, SC
    1969 Pro Street Camaro BB 572ci
    1969 Alky Injected Camaro Race Car BB 522ci
    1971 Z28 original

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieNJ View Post
    There should be a lot of threads on this. The back is no issue. The front I am not sure about without a spacer. I have run 245's in the front with 19" and 20" rims without a problem.
    yeah, although 255 tyres are cheaper I think I'm just going to go with 245 on the front with 305 on the back. Hopefully it won't understeer :/
    V8 | Stage 1 Remap | Daytona Grey Body & Blades | Manual 6 | Valved Capristo Exhaust | Extended Leather | B&O
    Bristol UK

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderingmind83 View Post
    yeah, although 255 tyres are cheaper I think I'm just going to go with 245 on the front with 305 on the back. Hopefully it won't understeer :/
    no problem with 255 35 19 on stock wheels or any other 8.5x19 unless its offset 20 and smaller....
    Notice: We guarantee fast service, no matter how long it takesHidden Content

no problem with 255 35 19 on stock wheels or any other 8.5x19 unless its a very agressive offset 20 and smaller....from your profil pics thats not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Helldriver View Post
    no problem with 255 35 19 on stock wheels or any other 8.5x19 unless its a very agressive offset 20 and smaller....from your profil pics thats not the case.
    Yeah it's all stock at the moment, so I think the offset will be factory standard. This is good to know! Would you say there is a noticeable difference between the feel of 245 and 255 on the front wheels?

I'm really excited to make some tyre changes... currently have 295 / 235 P zeros on there which are quite old and the rubber is hardening up.. cannot wait to have some fresh, wider PS4S on there!!!!!
    Bristol UK

Yeah it's all stock at the moment, so I think the offset will be factory standard. This is good to know! Would you say there is a noticeable difference between the feel of 245 and 255 on the front wheels?

I'm really excited to make some tyre changes... currently have 295 / 235 P zeros on there which are quite old and the rubber is hardening up.. cannot wait to have some fresh, wider PS4S on there!!!!!
    yes a noticeable feel, understeer is gone. Sidewall of PS4S is softer then Pirelli, you need a bit more tyre pressure to compensate that....
    and don't be worried if the first 500km feel odd, the PS4S need a while to break in.

Quote Originally Posted by Helldriver View Post
    yes a noticeable feel, understeer is gone. Sidewall of PS4S is softer then Pirelli, you need a bit more tyre pressure to compensate that....
    and don't be worried if the first 500km feel odd, the PS4S need a while to break in.
    Does this cause any issues with the front diff / abs / ESP etc? It's 8.5% wider than the factory fitted 235, quite a big change?
    Bristol UK

Does this cause any issues with the front diff / abs / ESP etc? It's 8.5% wider than the factory fitted 235, quite a big change?
    no problems, know many R8 that run like this.
    I am running 255 30 20 and 305 30 20 on the street...no problems.

Had the PS4S fitted all round today. 245 | 305 Also had the geo done. 1.5' front camber 0 toe / 1' rear camber 8' toe.
    They aren't even worn in and already the car feels SO much better! Better cornering, smoother feel, quieter. Definitely the best change made so far! Also great looks with the wider back wheels, the car looks and feels so solid now.

New TPMS sensors went in too, initially no error messages coming up, but then after 5 miles of driving or so the orange T P M S comes up on the dash. Turning car off and on there's a loud beep and a warning of 'TYRE PRESSURE SENSOR MALFUNCTION' and the TPMS light stays on. Drove 30 miles or so enjoying the new tyres are the error message still hasn't gone. Guess this means a trip to the dealer.
    Very happy with the rubber though - thanks for the recommendations and advice, guys.

Tyre fitment / size confirmation-mps4s.jpg
    Bristol UK

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast