Wheel, Tire, Brakes and Suspension Discussion Forum

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Thread: Wheel, Tire, Brakes and Suspension Discussion Forum

Wheel, Tire, Brakes and Suspension Discussion Forum

This new but empty forum just "showed up" on R8Talk. Nature abhors a vacuum , so I've moved a bunch of wheel, tire, brake and suspension threads over here from their previous homes.

If you have a new Wheel, Tire, Brake, or Suspension topic to discuss, please post it in this forum.

• If you are a private member and want to post photos of your car's beautiful wheels, tires or brakes, you may do so here, or more preferably in the Pictures / Media Posts forum.
    • If you want to sell your wheels or tires, or are looking for wheels, tires, brakes or suspension to purchase, please post in the Classified section.
    • If you are a commercial vendor, please post your threads in the Vendor Specials forum or in your own vendor forum. This is a DISCUSSION forum, NOT an advertising forum! (any questions, please refer to the commercial policy posts in Announcements, thank you)
    • If you have a specific question about wheels, tires, brakes or suspension for one of our many Supporting Vendors please post them here or in that vendor's forum.

Thanks.
    Last edited by desperado; 11-07-2013 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Clarified Vendor posting policy - THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISING FORUM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: New Wheel and Tire Discussion Forum

This was a great idea! There's a wealth of good information to be had in these posts and it certainly is a lot easier to find things than by using the search function because half the time you can't tell which posts might contain the info you're seeking.

Maybe an aftermarket exhaust Discussion Forum might also be useful since there are so many duplications and unnecessary new threads posted all the time.
    "There are old men and there are bold men, but there are very few bold old men."

Oh yes very good !!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Hey Desperado,
    I want to change my tyreS, what sizes shall I put... The OEM 235/35/19 and 295/30/19. Or 245/30/19 and 305/30/19, please recommend.."

Hi sir Can we have some basic data highlighted in this forum on Audi R8 V8 & V10 ,
    Wheel sizes with ET as per OEM wheels and weights of each wheels and
    standard tire sizes.
    This should make this forum more professional

If you look in the FAQ, there is a link to the Wheel and Tire Knowledgebase thread by Rich of OEMPlus.

Now there is a link to it here, as well!

(BTW, I'm crushed that you think this forum is not professional! )

Brake threads now in Wheel and Tire Discussion

I moved a bunch of threads about Audi R8 brakes and suspension into the Wheel and Tire Discussion forum, as they seemed to best belong here instead of scattered throughout the General and Performance forums.
    Last edited by desperado; 09-11-2011 at 12:18 PM.

Re: Wheel, Tire, Brakes and Suspension Discussion Forum

I am currently running a V10 plus with standard suspension and wheel set up, over the next few weeks it will be going for a stage 2 and a wrap and a few other bit. I am currently looking to upgrade to 20 inch rims and also want a lower more aggressive look. I am currently researching coilers or bags, anyone have any experience or advice on which is the best option without compromising handling but still making the car useable with potholes and speed bumps.

Re: Wheel, Tire, Brakes and Suspension Discussion Forum

We have sold a number for H&R lowering kits. Message me if you want one.
    VAG COM Service in Houston - PM me
    OEM Clutch kits, Pedalbox, TCU tunes, Exhaust systems, OEM Genuine Parts
    Carbon Fiber accessories.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    IG shardul_amg
    Hidden Content

12. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements