325-35-19???

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Thread: 325-35-19???

325-35-19???

Has anyone installed 325-30-19s on their car? If so, an issues?

I'm using the OEM wheels for winters so I'm trying to decide what to get for summer wheel/tire combination. I'm leaning toward 245-40-18 PS2 ZPs on 8.5x18 et 38 and 325-30-18 PS2 ZPs on 12x19 et 53. I like the idea of not being stuck if I get a flat. This combination will stick the tires out 11 mm front and 12 mm rear compared to OEM and reduce the inner clearance by 1 mm front and 18 mm rear.

The wheels I plan to get are Forgeline MD3P's (polished outer, black center, black inner). http://www.forgeline.com/products/pr...ries/md3p.html . They will colour match the centers to the cars paint code and engrave the ceter cap with the Audi logo.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: 325-35-19???

I'll let others who know better answer about sizing, but the consensus on the forum is that Michaelin's Pilot Super Sport are better than PS2s.

Hello and welcome to the site Freeboost.
    Please put your location in your profile. It's sort of an R8talk requirement if you will...

As far as size goes, search around on the site for different combos that work. There's a thread on tire and wheel sizes too.

For winter sneakers, look into Pirelli SotoZeros - they work quite well. The rears are on back order (North American Market) until the middle of December. Another tire to get would be the Dunlops, but from what I've been told, they're no longer available now - they did a winter run and they've been snatched up. No more until next season.

As far as summer sneakers go, get the Pilot Super Sports. They're SO MUCH BETTER than the PS2's it's not funny - they are a far superior tire and they cost less too.
    Hidden Content
    2019 Dragon Orange Q8 - a technical marvel.
    2017 Ara Blue Crystal V10 Plus - I joined the Gen 2 side.
    2011 Samoa Orange V8 R-tronic - Loved dearly, driven daily, tracked often.
    2009 Daytona Grey V8 - The Twin Turdbo: A complete lemon.
    2008 Daytona Grey V8 - Loved, driven, killed by a tree. Drats.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by KfabR8 View Post
    Hello and welcome to the site Freeboost.
    Please put your location in your profile. It's sort of an R8talk requirement if you will...

As far as size goes, search around on the site for different combos that work. There's a thread on tire and wheel sizes too.

For winter sneakers, look into Pirelli SotoZeros - they work quite well. The rears are on back order (North American Market) until the middle of December. Another tire to get would be the Dunlops, but from what I've been told, they're no longer available now - they did a winter run and they've been snatched up. No more until next season.

As far as summer sneakers go, get the Pilot Super Sports. They're SO MUCH BETTER than the PS2's it's not funny - they are a far superior tire and they cost less too.
    Quick question re: Michelin Pilot Super Sports in the 245 front and 305 rear sizes as I'm about to get them from the 'Rack for next spring. Do these sizes reduce speedometer accuracy to any relavent extent? TIA.
    Bish

I've noticed, against my Beltronic's GPS display that 75 on the dashboard is 73 on GPS. Tire size? Maybe. I've also heard that the speedos in Audi's are not the most accurate as the speeds increase.

Regardless, it's not enough to worry about.
    Hidden Content
    2019 Dragon Orange Q8 - a technical marvel.
    2017 Ara Blue Crystal V10 Plus - I joined the Gen 2 side.
    2011 Samoa Orange V8 R-tronic - Loved dearly, driven daily, tracked often.
    2009 Daytona Grey V8 - The Twin Turdbo: A complete lemon.
    2008 Daytona Grey V8 - Loved, driven, killed by a tree. Drats.

8. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements