02-10-2011 until 03-13-2029
Please START HERE!
To get the most from this site, and before posting a new thread on R8Talk, PLEASE READ the Audi R8 Introduction and Road Map to R8Talk.com and the forum rules below. Please note that the Classifieds section has additional rules which are in the Classifieds announcements.
Again, please check out the Audi R8 Introduction and Road Map to R8Talk.com which will answer many questions about R8Talk.com and the Audi R8.
04-19-2010 until 08-31-2029
Commerical, Promotional or Advertising Activities
Please be advised that effective April 30, 2010, all commercial posting on R8Talk.com will require that the poster be a Supporting Vendor, or an authorized representative of the Vendor. Engaging in any form of promotional or advertising activity, whether for profit or not, will require that a Supporting Vendor Agreement be in place and in effect. There are no exceptions.
Posts after this date which contain promotional or advertising content will be edited or removed without notice. If you are interested in becoming a Supporting Vendor, please send an email to [email protected]
Supporting vendors may have representatives and our forum policies require that all vendor representatives have an authorized Supporting Vendor title and a blue "Site Sponsor" tag in order to post and advertise on behalf of their company. Such representatives may not post until their account has been updated by an Administrator.
Without limiting the possibilities, the following are considered to be commercial, promotional or advertising activities.
- HTML links in signatures
- Company name, web address or portions in User Name, User Title, Avatar, etc.
- Direct soliciting, requests to contact for information
- Impersonating a customer or user
- Posting links to sales-related posts/threads on outside forums or sites
- Promoting goods or services purchased from a fellow member who is not a Supporting Vendor
- Soliciting orders, Group Buys, referrals or business of any kind for, or on behalf of, a non-supporting vendor
The Classified section is reserved for non-commercial sales by registered members. Repeated posting of new items for sale will be considered commercial activity. Supporting Vendors or Vendor Members are NOT allowed to post in the Classified section unless it's in the "Vendor Classifieds and Specials" forum, which is an area dedicated for Vendor Members only.
Repeated infractions will result in temporary or permanent removal of permissions on this forum.
We reserve the right to move, modify, delete or merge posts at our discretion and without explanation.
If you have any questions, please send them via PM to Administrator.
12-06-2009 until 01-06-2029
R8Talk Rules and Guidelines
Welcome to r8talk.com! Please take a moment to read the rules.
First and foremost: Be nice. This is a place for people to discuss the Audi R8. The R8 is not a hot-button political issue or an example of an extreme moral dilemma. It's an automobile. Keep that in mind if you find yourself getting hot under the collar about something on this board. When you address someone on this board, pretend that you're speaking to them in person, and conduct yourself accordingly.
1. Blatant trolling is not allowed. If you have nothing constructive to offer, your account will be banned. Spamming links to competing forums or other businesses is considered trolling.
2. Post topics in the appropriate section. This is especially important for topics that belong in Off-Topic.
3. Keep your avatars and signatures clean. The Off-Topic section has been created so that people who want to see these items can, and people who DO NOT want to see them can avoid them. By using an inappropriate avatar/signature, you deny them the ability to avoid it.
4. Keep Topic "Titles" Clean.
5. Stay respectful. If you feel something negative towards a user/post, please try to state your case in a calm and respectable fashion. Replying to the post just to stir the pot and not offering anything of value is highly frowned upon. The following are some of the behaviors that are not acceptable:
- Advocacy of suicide or of violence to others: If you tell someone to kill themselves, or to harm someone else, you will be suspended without prior warning. Example: "Go kill yourself."
- Extremely cruel or hateful content directed toward another user: This includes content in private messages.
- Sexual Harrasment. Defined as unwelcome sexual advances, sexual suggestions, or sexual content directed at another user, when reported.
6. Regarding Vendors: Vendor "Discussion/Reviewing/Complaints" are allowed. However, it is not allowed to the point that you can make a post in every thread the vendor participates in to ruin his day, etc. Make your thread in whatever section you feel appropriate, state your case, and be done with it. Harrassment will not be tolerated. Members are free to discuss and even reccomend the products and services of non supporting vendors; however non-supporting vendors are not allowed to directly or indirectly advertise their services. The moderators reserve the right to edit posts they deem to violate this rule.
7. You will not post "copyright-protected" material in its entirety. You may post a small snippet of an article, but you may not post the full text. Please provide a link (if possible) to the material.
8. You may only have one membership account. Multiple accounts (sock puppets) are not permitted.
9. You will not post a person's private information that is not otherwise publicly available.
10. Group Buy Policy Users are allowed to conduct group buys through supporting vendors only. Direct to manufacturer group buys are not permitted unless the manufacturer is also a supporting vendor. If a group buy on an item none of the supporting vendors carry is wanted, contact a staff member for permission before organizing the group buy.
Warnings, Suspension, & Banning
If a member violates any rules, he or she may be contacted by a moderator with a reminder of the forum rules and a request to keep the rules in mind in the future. Depending upon the severity of the violation, Moderators or Administrators may include a warning that continued violations will result in suspension. Members who have ignored prior warnings or committed a serious breach of their membership agreement may have their membership suspended for a period of time. If necessary a member will be banned from the forum. Also depending on the severity of the action, you MAY NOT receive a warning. Warnings are a courtesy, not a right.