Delphi or BWI Audi Magnetic Ride shocks more reliable? - Page 3

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Delphi or BWI Audi Magnetic Ride shocks more reliable?

Re: Delphi or BWI Audi Magnetic Ride shocks more reliable?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    The price given to me is £450 per unit.
    Much the same as Nagengast but obviously a saving on shipping if in the UK.
    10 V10 Coupe, Ibis, 6MT, Capristo, Carbon Blades, OZ Ultraleggera HLT's, Maxton Splitter.
    Maintained by RE Performance.

Mitsubishi Evo V1 RS450 Extreme

Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Does this guy have an actual website or some such? Seems a little backstreet shed type thing to me if the wording of that Facebook post is anything to go by. I take it that was a copy and paste?
    I think nagengast quoted £35 shipping so not a massive saving to be had I wouldn't have thought. Thing is, who's going to be first to try him 😝

Quote Originally Posted by stug360 View Post
    Does this guy have an actual website or some such? Seems a little backstreet shed type thing to me if the wording of that Facebook post is anything to go by. I take it that was a copy and paste?
    I think nagengast quoted £35 shipping so not a massive saving to be had I wouldn't have thought. Thing is, who's going to be first to try him
    A very interesting question! who's going to bite the bullet first? if I was considering it, a visit to the shop first for a look see would be on the cards.
    Black/Gold 09 V8 Coupe R-Tronic. Black/Gold 05 Race prep'd Yamaha R1.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Supporting Vendor

Quote Originally Posted by Trev450 View Post
    Much the same as Nagengast but obviously a saving on shipping if in the UK.
    But you will be supporting Brexit Britain and helping the transition to fantasy land.
    If all fails you can send the shocks to Poland on WTO terms.

Quote Originally Posted by R8-Stuff View Post
    But you will be supporting Brexit Britain and helping the transition to fantasy land.
    If all fails you can send the shocks to Poland on WTO terms.
    Since the rules of the forum don't permit political discourse, I am unable to respond in the manner I would like to. At the risk of incurring the wraith of the moderators, however, all I will say is, bring on competition.
    10 V10 Coupe, Ibis, 6MT, Capristo, Carbon Blades, OZ Ultraleggera HLT's, Maxton Splitter.
    Maintained by RE Performance.

Mitsubishi Evo V1 RS450 Extreme

Hidden Content

Looks a little fly by night to me. No pics of a workshop (even for their current tuning business) in the gallery on their website nor any mention of the shock-absorb rebuild service. While the term shock makes the rebuild process seem like it's simple, unfortunately with our mag ride shocks it's a quite complex job. Even the manufacturers Delphi and BMI struggle to make them reliable. At least Nagengast is a company that specializes in this type of work (disclaimer: I have no connection to them nor even used their service). Their website supplies full documentation of the process with a video, they have the capability to do machining, powder coating, have a shock test apparatus/dyno, an inventory of parts and most importantly a pretty long history of doing this work. What do Power-Tuning do if/when they encounter corrosion or pitting on the shock shaft or inside of the tube, bent or broken parts, etc. It's possible that if they get a shock sent to them that is just "misting" and in pretty good shape they can disassemble, refill with mag fluid, replace the seals and return it in working shape, but what do they do with shocks that may have bigger issues. In any case, I'd feel more confident with Nagengast who seem to have the capability to fix more than a simple misting failure, provide documentation of the repair, include a post-repair dyno report. To me, this is worth the extra cost. Good luck to the first guy that tries Power-Tuning.
    Last edited by SpyderD; Today at 09:30 AM.

9. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123