Radio trim for aftermarket install - Page 82

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 82 of 85 FirstFirst ... 327279808182838485 LastLast

Thread: Radio trim for aftermarket install

Re: Radio trim for aftermarket install

Are you saying there will be no AM/FM radio for the US, is that correct? Which system does this company use that is a direct plug and play for RSNE? Backup sensors, backup camera, bluetooth mic, etc all retained?

Quote Originally Posted by Helldriver View Post
    in development with a swiss car audio company for a 1:1 replacement of the RSNE. only one picture as teaser, sorry.
    Attachment 232950
    It is in final beta testing and production is sceduled. Should be able to deliver around june/july. Its for europe and only LHD, so with DAB+ radio but beside radio everything will work in US too. Sorry no satelite radio box for US is planed till now.
    radio trim can be ordered seperatly if you want a different 2Din-Radio.
    Price is targeted around a 1000Euro for the 1:1 replacement (so all in you need for replacement).
    price of radio trim seperatly is not calculated yet but will resonable.
    2012 Audi R8 V10 White R-Tronic - Titanium package - TCU tuned - Kline exhaust
    2012 Audi A7 White Prestige - Stasis full exhaust, H&R springs, 20" wheels and Continental Extreme Contacts DWS All Season. LED Headlights.
    2017 Audi Q7 Silver Premium Plus

Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by aquarianuw View Post
    Are you thinking about selling your final product?
    I am here to contribute

I was going to share the print on Thingiverse. However, as it is a large print and requires to made from ABS, you could either have a service print the bezel or I could possibly print it for a nominal fee. Printing time is around 8-10 hours to finish.

Note: Do not use PLA while printing this. It cannot withstand the heat inside a hot car very well

Just got my Pioneer 8400NEX MMI/Idatalink Maestro and will keep posted on progress. Planning to have this done by next week.

Cheers,

~ZaOs~
    Last edited by ZaOs; 04-05-2019 at 07:33 AM.

Thanks for posting and look forward to your progress, good luck!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ZaOs View Post
    I am here to contribute [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.r8talk.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

I was going to share the print on Thingiverse. However, as it is a large print and requires to made from ABS, you could either have a service print the bezel or I could possibly print it for a nominal fee. Printing time is around 8-10 hours to finish.

Note: Do not use PLA while printing this. It cannot withstand the heat inside a hot car very well

Just got my Pioneer 8400NEX MMI/Idatalink Maestro and will keep posted on progress. Planning to have this done by next week.

Cheers,

~ZaOs~
    Can you share a link to the model on Thingiverse? Most of us are still waiting for a ready to purchase option but having more choices is always good especially for the less patient folks.

Also, which cage are you using for 8400NEX? I was ready to pull the trigger until I saw the upcoming Kenwood models with wireless carplay that have a higher resolution screen. Now I’m torn.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaOs View Post
    I am here to contribute [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.r8talk.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

Cheers,

~ZaOs~
    I'd be in for the model file up on Thingverse
    2011 Audi R8 V10 6MT - White Exterior/Red Interior
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 5.2 V8 - Red Exterior

Below is another option for hooking up an aftermarket headunit. I just installed a W8400NEX this weekend using the parts supplied in the link. Pretty much plug and play, retains steering wheel control, reuses GPS and XM antenna, backup camera. Sounds pretty good (takes the high and converts to low to go to the B&O). Put a new mic into the overhead console, and need to take off the rear shelf to bypass the XM unit and the backup module. Only thing on the backup camera is that you don't get the lines in the view anymore....but a pretty straight forward install without having to solder any wires or program interfaces!

Now I just need my new trim piece from Euroboutique!!!

https://enfigcarstereo.com/radio-ins...year=2008-2015

Quote Originally Posted by wlee69 View Post
    Below is another option for hooking up an aftermarket headunit.
    https://enfigcarstereo.com/radio-ins...year=2008-2015
    That's pretty neat. They have everything needed all in one place.
    Bill Winters - 2012 V10|R-Tronic|Cactus green w/ carbon blades|CCB|Forgeline VX3C's & R888's|LPF Twin turbo kit tuned by Eurocharged: 753/531 @ 1/2 bar

I cannot post a link to Thingiverse file since my post count is too low. However, if you want the file, just go there and search for Audi R8 Bezel and you will find it.

I am still improving the print. My choice of wrapping it is probably not as good as getting it hydro dipped, but will do in my case. I post some more pictures as this is progressing.
    Last edited by ZaOs; 04-09-2019 at 07:18 AM.

Here you go: Audi R8 Bezel by ZaOs

Thanks much for your work so far.

As Shown:

Radio trim for aftermarket install-2019-04-09-1-.jpg

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements