Audi R8 Forums banner

2014 R8 V10 listed for $55K?!

18K views 76 replies 27 participants last post by  Ballvice 
#1 ·
#5 ·
i would get a car with 90k miles over a salvage title anyday, 55k is way underpriced it's like salvage title territory. Unless the drivetrain is already blown up then it's not a very good deal at all lol (30k for transmission, 50k for engine)

#54 ·
sorry to say but that was dumb, if its driving and ok it worth much more. Would buy this car unseen, just hear over the phone that engine is running whould be enough to justify to spend 55K on a 2014.
and you can repair a lot for 35-45K as 2014 sell for around 90-100k in US

#8 ·
Something isn't right there. The mileage, alone, wouldn't push this down to $55k. The lack of any photos is concerning, too.

Give 'em a call and get the details. :)

#9 ·
#15 ·
it's a pretty big gamble though. 50k engine and 30k transmission if it blows. No audi or fidelity would warranty a 90k car since it's already outside of factory warranty mileage. If that happens you end up with a 90k mile car for 90-100k....

#16 ·
engines and transmissions can be rebuilt- R8's get wrecked with undamaged, like new drive trains
not saying that its alright to blow a motor but I don't think anyone would actually spend $80,000 to replace the drivetrain on a high miles, low value car
additionally, lets not forget the 1000's of other components that are considerably less expensive but prone to wear i.e. that's a lot of miles that someone sat in a seat/got in and out/touched switch gear/absorbed bumps/exposed to weather....

#17 · (Edited)
The car could have just been daily driven by the 2nd owner (2 owner car btw). 20k miles per year is not abnormal for a daily. I would just have a mechanic check it out before buying.

The photos did not show wear and tear in terms of aesthetics. If the mechanics checked out, I think the buyer got a smoking deal.

#18 ·
I’m the guy that bought it.

At 54k -

1st guy couldn’t get the money
2nd guys wife said no - (wrong wife)
3rd guy was me. I had the money and the right wife.

She’s flying with me to pick it up tomorrow

It was a steal at that price - and the dealership stepped up.

New tires - windshield had a crack - new windshield from Audi - road rash on the bottom of the front nose cone - fixed.

I got a ton of photos while the other two were looking for permission and money ?

It looks like I may need to have my detailer do some paint correction work - nothing major - and I’ll either keep it this color or wrap it.

13 hour drive (not) from Hou to Atl. I’ll be intimate with the car the next 2 days.

#19 ·
Awesome. Enjoy, be safe and share!!!

#24 ·
I feel like I stole it - I got the contact for the previous owner - service history and full details on the car.

Scale of 1-10 it’s an 8.

Majority of the miles were highway.

We drove from Houston to Mobile tonight - headed home to Atlanta tomorrow.

Car performed flawlessly.

#27 ·
Great deal! Car looks very clean! Love the front plate!!! Enjoy it!

#28 ·
The deal of the century for sure. Enjoy!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.