Anyone here have experience with the Mercedes AMG GT? - Page 3

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone here have experience with the Mercedes AMG GT?

Re: Anyone here have experience with the Mercedes AMG GT?

Anyone here have experience with the Mercedes AMG GT?-1a_800.jpgAnyone here have experience with the Mercedes AMG GT?-7w_800.jpgAnyone here have experience with the Mercedes AMG GT?-amg.jpgAnyone here have experience with the Mercedes AMG GT?-amg2.jpgAnyone here have experience with the Mercedes AMG GT?-amg6.jpg
    wish you were local so you could borrow mine for a couple of days
    voiding warranty with tune didn't concern me- AMG ran the motors at red line for 5 months continuously then gave up trying to get it to fail
    interior,stereo, performance, ride quality, exhaust (stock in sport+mode) are all better then my Gen1 R8
    looks is all subjective but R8 is sexier and more exotic looking
    GTS makes a better daily for me
    GTS also kept me from having to do lots of the mods I did in my R8 i.e.: GTS didn't need exhaust, upgraded steering wheel, red seat belts, rear spoiler, forced induction...
    so funny how AMG forum criticizes R8 and opposite is true here- I have no bias or brand loyalty and can say both cars are awesome
    2011 v10, 6 speed, lava gray, 3m, VF750 supercharged, GR wing/splitter and vent covers, custom steering wheel, sprint booster, fabspeed exhaust, lowered on H+R springs, 10/12mm spacers, powder coated wheels, PS2, K+N....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jyrbba View Post
    I planned to trade my R8 to AMG GT, until I drove one. Felt cheaper, more ordinary, laggy (turbo) and I didn't like the rear end at all. On the positive side front looks very nice, materials are nice, and it has a nice exhaust tone. But the tone can't match the V10 with proper exhaust
    Hmm...I didn't find it laggy but I'll have to drive it again. Most owners here are Gen 1 I find it laughable that they would think an AMG GT interior is "cheap." My wife thought the interior was really nice. She even thought it was nicer than our 2017 Gen 2 (although I disagree there). They both (V8 & V10) sound good but for different reasons. I love my V10 with exhaust and it's not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011r852 View Post
    Click image for larger version.

Name:	1A_800.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	233530Click image for larger version.

Name:	7w_800.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	233532Click image for larger version.

Name:	amg.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	233534Click image for larger version.

Name:	amg2.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	233536Click image for larger version.

Name:	amg6.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	233538
    wish you were local so you could borrow mine for a couple of days
    voiding warranty with tune didn't concern me- AMG ran the motors at red line for 5 months continuously then gave up trying to get it to fail
    interior,stereo, performance, ride quality, exhaust (stock in sport+mode) are all better then my Gen1 R8
    looks is all subjective but R8 is sexier and more exotic looking
    GTS makes a better daily for me
    GTS also kept me from having to do lots of the mods I did in my R8 i.e.: GTS didn't need exhaust, upgraded steering wheel, red seat belts, rear spoiler, forced induction...
    so funny how AMG forum criticizes R8 and opposite is true here- I have no bias or brand loyalty and can say both cars are awesome
    Yeah too bad you're not local. I'm looking at possibly checking out a GTS tomorrow. Weather here has been a pain lots of rain lately. There's also a GTC Roadster also here locally. I do not think it's worth a 50k premium at the moment but I do want to drive one to see how it feels.

I can wait it out if needed. The more I wait with AMG cars the lower they'll go in value. The three local ones available at the moment...Given I daily my cars (life is too short to have a weekend only car) I prefer some mileage on them because I'm going to rack them up anyways. Plus, higher probability if some gremlins in chassis they were picked up and fixed via a warranty versus a garage queen.

'17 GTS - 29k miles - $86,900
    '18 GTC Roadster - 900mi - $139,000
    '18 GT-R - 6k miles - $160,000
    Last edited by Nosferatu; 04-05-2019 at 06:35 AM.
    2017 Audi R8 V10 Plus Ara Blue Crystal
    Larini Club Sport Exhaust
    10.8 @ 128 MPH (60' 1.68) - Stock
    10.6 @ 130 MPH (60' 1.66) - Exhaust+Pilot 4S Tires
    Other Toy = 2014 Nissan GT-R (not stock and a bit quicker Hidden Content )

interior of gts is far superior to gen1 R8- anyone saying its cheap is crazy
    fit and finish on both cars are excellent
    my R8 was a 6 speed which was great but the trans in my GTS is so intuitive and fast that I don't miss my clutch
    I went for the 2016 Edition 1 as its pretty rare (300 made worldwide I believe) and comes with a nice equipment package
    got mine with 1500 miles, put ppf on it, ceramic coated it all and did Eurocharged (Shardul from Ultimate P+D) tune- has about 5500 miles on it now as I rotate the use of different cars- no issues
    losses traction (slightly) in sport+ mode in first 3 gears if you get on it- I like that
    cabin feels smaller then you would think- no good for big people
    Burmeister upgrade sounds great, mine stickered for $150; grabbed it for an even $100
    2011 v10, 6 speed, lava gray, 3m, VF750 supercharged, GR wing/splitter and vent covers, custom steering wheel, sprint booster, fabspeed exhaust, lowered on H+R springs, 10/12mm spacers, powder coated wheels, PS2, K+N....

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by KodiL View Post
    Yes, I just make a decision to lease this car for my wife, here is the deal:

What is your opinion about this deal?
    Need a lot more info to help you with that.

Residual:
    Money Factor: Base or are they marking it up?
    Discount to MSRP: Aka net cap costs.

The gold standard for leasing is 1% of msrp but obviously thats not always possible especially on cars like these.
    2018 RWS #368/999

7. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123