Aftermarket Stereo installation HowTo - Page 5

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Stereo installation HowTo

Re: Aftermarket Stereo installation HowTo

Thanks. In a different thread you mentioned that you needed to remove the rear shelf for the backup camera module bypass. Are you saying that the Enfig backup camera adapter wire https://enfigcarstereo.com/ENFIG_KBUC_TG.html will be located in the rear shelve that's connected between the camera and the module?

Quote Originally Posted by wlee69 View Post
    It’s the one that came with the headunit... nothing special I think?? If you open the overhead where the dome lights are, you’ll see a large and small hole on either side... the mic that came with the pioneer fits right in the smaller size hole... it’s like 1/2” diameter or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2012 Audi R8 V10 White R-Tronic - Titanium package - TCU tuned - Kline exhaust
    2012 Audi A7 White Prestige - Stasis full exhaust, H&R springs, 20" wheels and Continental Extreme Contacts DWS All Season. LED Headlights.
    2017 Audi Q7 Silver Premium Plus

Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by aquarianuw View Post
    Thanks. In a different thread you mentioned that you needed to remove the rear shelf for the backup camera module bypass. Are you saying that the Enfig backup camera adapter wire https://enfigcarstereo.com/ENFIG_KBUC_TG.html will be located in the rear shelve that's connected between the camera and the module?
    The wire they supply has an RCA jack on one side ( which connects to the head unit pigtail of wires labeled as rear camera input) and then the other end connects directly to the rear camera wire. You take off the rear shelf and unplug that camera wire from the module and then connect the enfig cable directly to the camera wire ( bypassing the module completely ) I assume this is why you get no lines in the rear view. The module itself is at the bottom mounted perpendicular to the floor right behind the driver seat.

Same thing for the xm radio. Bypass the module and connect the wires to an xm tuner. That module is mounted parallel to the floor on the shelf behind the drivers seat.

Those two wires I ran down the center console then up into the head unit area.

For the mic, I ran it up the passenger a pillar to the roof liner along the windshield then right to the overhead console.

Those are the only 3 wires I had to run, everything else is right at the head unit.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome! Thanks for the help! So it looks like the center console needs to be removed completely to run the wires. This is becoming a little more involved than I originally anticipated. LOL

The wire they supply has an RCA jack on one side ( which connects to the head unit pigtail of wires labeled as rear camera input) and then the other end connects directly to the rear camera wire. You take off the rear shelf and unplug that camera wire from the module and then connect the enfig cable directly to the camera wire ( bypassing the module completely ) I assume this is why you get no lines in the rear view. The module itself is at the bottom mounted perpendicular to the floor right behind the driver seat.

Same thing for the xm radio. Bypass the module and connect the wires to an xm tuner. That module is mounted parallel to the floor on the shelf behind the drivers seat.

Those two wires I ran down the center console then up into the head unit area.

For the mic, I ran it up the passenger a pillar to the roof liner along the windshield then right to the overhead console.

Those are the only 3 wires I had to run, everything else is right at the head unit.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2012 Audi A7 White Prestige - Stasis full exhaust, H&R springs, 20" wheels and Continental Extreme Contacts DWS All Season. LED Headlights.

Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Awesome! Thanks for the help! So it looks like the center console needs to be removed completely to run the wires. This is becoming a little more involved than I originally anticipated. LOL
    I actually just loosened the back from the cubby area and with the back off there was enough wiggle room to snake the wires in underneath there!!!!

I actually just loosened the back from the cubby area and with the back off there was enough wiggle room to snake the wires in underneath there!!!!
    Excellent tip! Did you also remove the AC control module underneath the nav?

Hidden Content

Excellent tip! Did you also remove the AC control module underneath the nav?
    Nope.. (though that thing just pops out pretty easy). I ran the wire on the passenger side of the center console all the way to the footwell, then from the headunit opening, just fish a hanger or something down to that corner and then pull the wire up to the headunit opening. Did that for both the camera and xm wires.....

Just got my bezel. Not sure but it seems the double din sleeve does not fit into the bezel. the opening is actually smaller then the sleeve by a significant amount.

Did you order the correct DIN sleeve?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2011 Audi R8 Spyder
    2011 Audi Q7
    2005 Audi A8
    2005 Bentley Continental
    2003 Bentley Arnage
    1997 Lotus Esprit V8
    2013 BMW 640iX Convertible

I ordered the pioneer sleeve first. After going through this thread I saw you listed that one. It wasn't available but I was able to find one with the same size. I'll have to wait since I snapped the bezel trying to fit the pioneer sleeve in to see if it works better with another brand.

Quote Originally Posted by vpatel3473 View Post
    I ordered the pioneer sleeve first. After going through this thread I saw you listed that one. It wasn't available but I was able to find one with the same size. I'll have to wait since I snapped the bezel trying to fit the pioneer sleeve in to see if it works better with another brand.
    The pioneer sleeve is about 1/2 inch taller than a "standard" double din sleeve (which is the amazon link). I will get my 3D print on Friday and will verify it works with the standard double din sleeve!!!

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast