How tall is everybody 6'3" 250. will I fit - Page 4

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How tall is everybody 6'3" 250. will I fit

r1

Re: How tall is everybody 6'3" 250. will I fit

Quote Originally Posted by kpg81 View Post
    I'm 7'2, 375 lbs and have a build similar to The Rock, but larger.

I fit in the car no problem, and even have room to wear a helmet.
    It’s all believable - except for the helmet.

(Is this you...?)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

This is interesting. All the 6'4" people saying not enough leg room but fine for head height. I'm 6'1" and fine for legroom but find head height a real issue. If I'm on circuit with a helmet it's in constant contact with the roof, annoyingly.

I must have a weirdly long torso...

192cm tall, wide shoulders and 105kg...OEM seat too high and you sit on and not in the car.

very simple solution...put in a recaro speedster with the A3 Recaro console and you sit 6cm lower....

with my lotus motorsport seats (complete/all in with adapter /console 10,6kg ) I am even 9cm lower and finally sit in the car and not on it.
    With that -9cm lower with 192cm tall I have no problem to fit in with a FIA approved racing helmet.
    On OEM seats i fit tight but ok. But it is not possible to wear a racing helmet properly without lying in the car instead of sitting. 911 is tighter but a bit higher in OEM version, with Recaro height in r8 is similar to 911 in stock.
    Last edited by Helldriver; 04-16-2019 at 04:33 PM.
    Notice: We guarantee fast service, no matter how long it takesHidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

I'm 6'3" and around 225 lbs - no problem fitting in the R8. In fact, the seat can go back further. That said, I'm also pretty well proportioned between legs and torso. If you have much more length in your legs than torso, you may have an issue, especially with the spyder (slightly less seat travel).
    2015 Audi R8 V10 | S-Tronic | Brilliant Red on Black | Carbon Blades | Carbon Trim | Sport Exhaust | Full Leather | Contrast Stitching | OEM 5-Piece R8 Luggage | Full XPEL Ultimate | Fully Stock | Original Owner

-- Other Vehicles --
    2017 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe
    2012 Audi Q5

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    Im 6'3 inches long torso 250-260lbs. How tall are you guys ? what year cars ? Its R8 or 911 Turbo
    I'm 6'2", 185 lbs, and I've had both cars. No problem in either. Although when tracking the Porsche it was a bit tight with a helmet.

Hi, maybe a bit late for this thread but I'm 6'4" 250lbs (115kg - I converted for you) and I fit into my 2008 R8 no problems at all. My shoulders are broad. Seat is right down but not all the way back and steering wheel is out and down a little. I'd be uncomfortable if my butt was any bigger and my torso certainly feels the padding on the seats. If I lost 20 lbs it would be a perfect fit I feel. I haven't tried wearing a helmet but I think it would slightly touch and bother me. All the best
    Daytona Grey, 2008 R8 V8, R-Tronic

9. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234