Installing Alpine Scale Coilover today

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Thread: Installing Alpine Scale Coilover today

Installing Alpine Scale Coilover today

Finally got a set of coilover to replace the mag ride as an alternative. It took awhile for the guys to put it together.....looking forward to feeling it. So far, the coilover appears to be well-made and constructed. I will be dropping the car off today for the installation.

Installing Alpine Scale Coilover today-scale.jpg
    2014 Audi R8 V10

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Installing Alpine Scale Coilover today

Good luck with the install. Look forward to your impressions of the Scale setup.

I'm curious as to how the ride compares to stock mag shocks on roads and highways. Scale's website claims each coilover is made to order and they can customize spring rate to ride like OEM suspension or stiffer. For US $2K this sounds like a really good deal if the quality is there.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

definitely..I will do a quick write up after I picked the car up on Friday. So far so good, communication is great and customer service has been excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by OC R8 View Post
    I'm curious as to how the ride compares to stock mag shocks on roads and highways. Scale's website claims each coilover is made to order and they can customize spring rate to ride like OEM suspension or stiffer. For US $2K this sounds like a really good deal if the quality is there.
    2014 Audi R8 V10

UPDATE:

I wanted to put at least two hundred miles before I post the update. First, Greg @ Loco Exotic/ said the quality of these coilover is really good and the installation was easy. Since I was not the one that performed the install, I am not going to mention go over my experience on that. But I will chime in on the quality of the ride.

After 200 miles, I am really impress. I lowered it .25" from the stock and it looks perfect in my eyes. I feel the car is a little easier to drive, to corner, and also, at high speed..it behaves very nicely and stable. I feel as if I really trust the car at speed. Overall and to my opinion, the car drives better than stock.

In regards to the coilover, while some parts are special ordered from oversea, the coilover was assembled in Canada one order at a time. Customer service and communication on my part was outstanding. I like to add this coilover to a pool of options available in the market. So far, I am very happy. To those that is local to Northern VA, give Greg or Casey at Loco Exotic a call....they made me a happy man with their services

....and no, I am not getting paid for this brief review.
    2014 Audi R8 V10

I've had Scale coils on my touareg for over 3 years now and on my R8 for about a year. I also got the air cups and swift spring upgrade. stiffer spring rates also because I'm riding kinda low.

there's a small discount of anybody is interested. use code "dangerous_toys" for a little break on price.

9. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements