Help - Handbrake button for a Gen1 Manual ?!

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Thread: Help - Handbrake button for a Gen1 Manual ?!

Senior Member three_dead_trolls's Avatar

Question Help - Handbrake button for a Gen1 Manual ?!

Anyone know where i can find a handbrake button for a Gen1 manual ?

Is this something you can buy individually or do you have to buy the whole handbrake itself?

My handbrake works like a champ, but unfortunately the button (the one you push to engage the handbrake) decided not to.

The button came off and now I cant seem to find it anywhere.

If possible, i would like to just get the button instead of replacing the whole **** hand brake assembly.
    2011 R8 V8 Nightmare Black | Manual Transmission | Carbon fiber front lip | Carbon fiber interior, engine bay & blades | Carbon fiber Rear Engine vents | Carbon Fiber side canards | Carbon fiber Front and Rear Bumper Fins | Blacked-out Rims, Side markers, taillights | Custom Engine Bay lighting | Customized Metal-Forged shifter | Modesta Ceramic Coating | R8 Door Projector lights | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires | Tubi Exhaust

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

When I bought my car the button was missing. I bought one on eBay for 34 shipped from a vendor in Latvia I believe. It is a genuine audi part too. Normally they run between 65-85.

I posted a thread mentioning the only issue was a missing parking brake button. User Natorade mentioned his flew off one time so I decided to look behind the seat and low and behold it was behind the passenger seat.

What year is your R8? Pre facelift are silver and the facelift ones are black. The part number you need is 8J07113333Q7.

Good luck

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Fasteddy91; 04-25-2019 at 12:26 AM.

Re: Help - Handbrake button for a Gen1 Manual ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Fasteddy91 View Post
    When I bought my car the button was missing. I bought one on eBay for 34 shipped from a vendor in Latvia I believe. It is a genuine audi part too. Normally they run between 65-85.

I posted a thread mentioning the only issue was a missing parking brake button. User Natorade mentioned his flew off one time so I decided to look behind the seat and low and behold it was behind the passenger seat.

What year is your R8? Pre facelift are silver and the facelift ones are black. The part number you need is 8J07113333Q7.

Good luck

Mine is a 2011 Gen1 Pre Facelift. It was a silver one. Honestly I dont really care if its silver or black...i just dont want to end up having to get the whole assembly.

I did search for it on ebay but didnt have any luck.

Do you remember the seller or can you post a link to the product if he's still selling it?

Thanks!
    2011 R8 V8 Nightmare Black | Manual Transmission | Carbon fiber front lip | Carbon fiber interior, engine bay & blades | Carbon fiber Rear Engine vents | Carbon Fiber side canards | Carbon fiber Front and Rear Bumper Fins | Blacked-out Rims, Side markers, taillights | Custom Engine Bay lighting | Customized Metal-Forged shifter | Modesta Ceramic Coating | R8 Door Projector lights | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires | Tubi Exhaust

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by three_dead_trolls View Post

Good luck

Mine is a 2011 Gen1 Pre Facelift. It was a silver one. Honestly I dont really care if its silver or black...i just dont want to end up having to get the whole assembly.

I did search for it on ebay but didnt have any luck.

Do you remember the seller or can you post a link to the product if he's still selling it?

Thanks!
    I just checked and he doesn't carry it anymore. Maybe he only had one. I would be willing to sell my extra one for 25 shipped

Let me know if you are interested.
    Thanks

I just checked and he doesn't carry it anymore. Maybe he only had one. I would be willing to sell my extra one for 25 shipped

Let me know if you are interested.
    Thanks
    Ill Take it. Just PMed you.

I bought a red one from R8-Stuff https://www.r8talk.com/forums/7-appe...e-buttons.html, maybe he still has some?

2015 Blu Caelum Huracan LP-610-4. VF800 Supercharged, Fabspeed Supersport Valved Exhaust.
    2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige Navarra Blue
    2018 Lotus Red Evora 400 Manual

Gone
    2012 Red R8 V10 6sp, VF-750 Supercharger, Tubi Rumore Exhaust
    Gone
    2009 R8 V8, 6SP Manual. Silver/Black,Stasis Supercharged,

Quote Originally Posted by RS4Cab View Post
    I bought a red one from R8-Stuff https://www.r8talk.com/forums/7-appe...e-buttons.html, maybe he still has some?

Thanks! The Red one looks sick. Nice subtle mod.

I messaged him. If i cant get one, maybe ill just have to paint mine red

10. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements