MY 2008-2015 Coolant Expansion Tank Strap Recall Completed - Page 3

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MY 2008-2015 Coolant Expansion Tank Strap Recall Completed

Re: MY 2008-2015 Coolant Expansion Tank Strap Recall Completed

Update: I went to the Audi dealer so they could inspect the coolant tank. After a brief look, they came and told me that they would need to attach the strap to the tank. They said they could do it today, and they would give me a loaner. I didn't want to deal with it all today, so I scheduled an appointment in a couple weeks to get it done. They are going to give me a loaner on that day, which will be convenient.

The thing that drives me nuts is that I originally asked to have the recall done. After being told by the dealer it didn't need to be done, Audi North America straightened things out and connected me with the dealer. They then told me again that it didn't need to be done. We decided on having it brought in for a safety inspection at the very least. And now, here we are scheduled for the strap installation. Seems like a lot of my time wasted just trying to comply with the recall letter that Audi sent me.

At least, the end result will be that I know I have a replaced tank with the strap installed. So I should be in good shape at some point here. Just a little bit aggravating that this wasn't a simple process.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

I just had mine done this Monday by Audi of Bellevue. The R8 tech didn't have to remove the coolant tank but loosened it from the bracket and that's all he needed to do to attach the strap. I also had an oil change done by the same tech and he apparently overfilled the oil. Had to bring the car back yesterday to extract some oil out...
    2012 Audi R8 V10 - Titanium package - TCU tuned - Kline exhaust

I got the strap installed yesterday. Service rep asked if it was ok to pick the car up at 5:00. I said no, that I had things to do and I wanted it earlier in the afternoon. They promised it at around 2:00, which was fine with me. I got a text at 11:00 saying the car was ready. I went and picked it up with no problem. Everything appeared to be done correctly and they remembered to reconnect the engine bay light which seems to be a forgotten item at times. Just thought I'd post this since all you ever hear are complaints about Audi dealers, but no one says the nice, uneventful encounters.

BTW, not a knock on the dealer, but they gave me an A6 as a loaner. What a barge! Couldn't wait to give it back.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Stärke View Post
    BTW, not a knock on the dealer, but they gave me an A6 as a loaner. What a barge! Couldn't wait to give it back.
    I have to agree. Their new sedans are just meh.
    2009 Phantom Black R8 with carbon fiber blades, R tronic

You are lucky they didn't give you an A3 or Q3....
    2012 Audi R8 V10 - Titanium package - TCU tuned - Kline exhaust

Mine goes in next Thursday for the recall. Getting headlamp swapped out (got a crack in one), new grille going on, new wheels, and service being done as well.

I’ll report back on my encounter as well in regards to the expansion tank.

I generally get a Q7 as a loaner most of the time.

9. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123