R8 V10 vs NSX vs 570S vs 488 GTB - Page 2


  1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

    Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!
     
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: R8 V10 vs NSX vs 570S vs 488 GTB

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    75

    Re: R8 V10 vs NSX vs 570S vs 488 GTB

    To bad you didnt get to drive the AMG GTR, I've heard nothing but good things about them from reviews and owners.
    2018 RWS #368/999

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #12
    Senior Member 2011r852's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    765

    Re: R8 V10 vs NSX vs 570S vs 488 GTB

    Quote Originally Posted by badmoonrising View Post
    To bad you didnt get to drive the AMG GTR, I've heard nothing but good things about them from reviews and owners.
    they are great cars
    I would be very surprised if it was unavailable due to a mechanical issue as they are bullet proof
    2011 v10, 6 speed, lava gray, 3m, VF750 supercharged, GR wing/splitter and vent covers, custom steering wheel, sprint booster, fabspeed exhaust, lowered on H+R springs, 10/12mm spacers, powder coated wheels, PS2, K+N....

  4. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
    NSX is cheaper to me in every aspect compared to the Gen 2 R8. It's slower, inferior materials on interior, etc.
    Really? I traded in my R8 (V8 but I've driven a few V10s) for an NSX and the NSX seems faster to me. The reviews have 0-60 between 2.7 and 2.9.

    Agree that the interior is cheaper but I think the performance is pretty impressive.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements
     

  6. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    113

    Re: R8 V10 vs NSX vs 570S vs 488 GTB

    NSX is absolutely faster than an R8 (well at least my neighbor’s NSX is faster then my 17 spider, and one of his buddy’s 17 plus.)
    But at the end, it turns out, I prioritize superficial things (like engine sound and interior quality) over speed (no sarcasm intended...)

  7. #15
    Senior Member MB17V10+'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    116

    Re: R8 V10 vs NSX vs 570S vs 488 GTB

    You guys need to learn how to drive / launch your R8s . I've seen couple NSX running at local tracks 11.1-11.3 @ 124-126mph . they are definitely slower then R8 V10+ . My stock R8 was 10.6-10.7 at 130-132mph every pass .
    2017 Mexico Blue R8 V10 plus -10.64 @ 132mph stock

  8. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    KATY
    Posts
    11

    Re: R8 V10 vs NSX vs 570S vs 488 GTB

    Quote Originally Posted by MB17V10+ View Post
    You guys need to learn how to drive / launch your R8s . I've seen couple NSX running at local tracks 11.1-11.3 @ 124-126mph . they are definitely slower then R8 V10+ . My stock R8 was 10.6-10.7 at 130-132mph every pass .
    Agree 100%!! NSX takes most cars off the line. At higher speeds, it falls short. Well, hybrid battery pack do have an issue.
    Last edited by STORMRIDER; 05-17-2019 at 08:09 PM.

  9. #17
    Senior Member Nosferatu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    840

    Re: R8 V10 vs NSX vs 570S vs 488 GTB

    Quote Originally Posted by WeakestLink View Post
    Really? I traded in my R8 (V8 but I've driven a few V10s) for an NSX and the NSX seems faster to me. The reviews have 0-60 between 2.7 and 2.9.

    Agree that the interior is cheaper but I think the performance is pretty impressive.
    Yes really. Read above from MB17V10+. You're comparing a 10 year old V8 R8 to a new NSX. We're comparing the V10 Plus Gen 2 to it. Also, Audi and Lambo both under rate the cars performance. Multiple users have VBOX data and drag strip data that shows the car is much quicker. I've ran 10s in the quarter mile and have hit 0-60 in 2.5 seconds with the R8 V10 Plus. NSX is slower.
    2017 Audi R8 V10 Plus Ara Blue Crystal
    Larini Club Sport Exhaust
    10.8 @ 128 MPH (60' 1.68) - Stock
    10.6 @ 130 MPH (60' 1.66) - Exhaust+Pilot 4S Tires
    Other Toy = 2014 Nissan GT-R (not stock and a bit quicker Hidden Content )

  10. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakestLink View Post
    Really? I traded in my R8 (V8 but I've driven a few V10s) for an NSX and the NSX seems faster to me. The reviews have 0-60 between 2.7 and 2.9.

    Agree that the interior is cheaper but I think the performance is pretty impressive.
    Yes really. Read above from MB17V10+. You're comparing a 10 year old V8 R8 to a new NSX. We're comparing the V10 Plus Gen 2 to it. Also, Audi and Lambo both under rate the cars performance. Multiple users have VBOX data and drag strip data that shows the car is much quicker. I've ran 10s in the quarter mile and have hit 0-60 in 2.5 seconds with the R8 V10 Plus. NSX is slower.
    Actually, you were previously comparing "Gen 2", not the V10 Plus specifically. And I was comparing my experience in other R8 V10s as well as industry test data. I'm not trying to start a "which car is better" discussion...as I'm honestly undecided myself. I was just questioning the blanket statement that the NSX is slower than Gen2 R8s.

  11. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    DISNEYWORLD
    Posts
    136

    Re: R8 V10 vs NSX vs 570S vs 488 GTB

    Ferrari is Ferrari
    AUDI R8 4.2
    HURACAN PERFORMANTE
    AYGO 1.2
    F-TYPE S
    COLLECTION
    996 C2
    CAYMAN R 987.2
    993 4S

  12. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    205

    Re: R8 V10 vs NSX vs 570S vs 488 GTB

    Quote Originally Posted by 2011r852 View Post
    they are great cars
    I would be very surprised if it was unavailable due to a mechanical issue as they are bullet proof
    AMG GTR had some kind of failure with the differential. They won't get it back for 2 months. They told me I could come back and drive it for free when they get it back, but that means another trip to Vegas. Maybe in the fall.

  13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements
     

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. CAR UK: 488 vs 570S vs R8 V10 Plus -1of3
    By r1 in forum 2nd Generation Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-09-2016, 06:54 AM
  2. 488 GTB Update
    By BG23 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-20-2015, 04:28 AM
  3. Ferrari 488 GTB - Thoughts & Opinions!?!?
    By slammedr8 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 07-18-2015, 09:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0