Audi R8 Forums banner

Carbon Cleaning: Full Walnut Blasting Intake Service on my Audi R8!

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  rwtzero 
#1 ·
So I finally went to get a walnut blasting done on my 2008 Audi R8. I brought it to Bill from Garage Autosports in Toronto Canada. I personally did not know if the car ever had an intake cleaning done, so I wanted to get it done for the peace of mind and boost in performance. Bill was kind enough to let me film the process so I can show you guys what the valves look like.

#6 ·
[/QUOTE]Very good question to my knowledge there is no catch can available for the Audi R8. I had a oil catch can on my 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 coyote engine and it did an amazing job of keeping the intake valves clean

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I dont think those years (2011-12) were DI, so catch can wouldnt really have done much anyway. Catch can wont help,our cars all that much. Carbon build up will happen almost no matter what.

#7 ·
Very good question to my knowledge there is no catch can available for the Audi R8. I had a oil catch can on my 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 coyote engine and it did an amazing job of keeping the intake valves clean

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I dont think those years (2011-12) were DI, so catch can wouldnt really have done much anyway. Catch can wont help,our cars all that much. Carbon build up will happen almost no matter what.[/QUOTE]

Jaynick1, I disagree.

1. The 2008 Audi R8 V8 is indeed DI
2. A proper AOS (Air Oil Separator) will do a great job of holding off (not stopping) carbon build-up.

I am having my 2008 R8 cleaned via walnut shell this week. I am then going to install an AOS to help stave off carbon. I am having an issue finding the PCV valve diagrams for my engine though. Anyone?

#8 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.