Potential new owner UK - Page 3

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential new owner UK

Quote Originally Posted by Jed1989 View Post
    Also with it being a spyder I'm guessing selling it would be seasonal. I can't imagine there would be much interest in October etc...

Do many from the UK advertise there cars for sale on here? It all seems to be US cars. The GTR forum is the best place for selling the Nissans. Is AutoTrader etc the best place for these?
    Actually ebay as a classified ad is as good as anywhere as the person who actually wants to buy one will get in touch privately to negotiate. Pistonheads is also a good place. It looks like you intend to sell after a year or so so you just might take a bath!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    Also with it being a spyder I'm guessing selling it would be seasonal. I can't imagine there would be much interest in October etc...

Do many from the UK advertise there cars for sale on here? It all seems to be US cars. The GTR forum is the best place for selling the Nissans. Is AutoTrader etc the best place for these?
    Actually ebay as a classified ad is as good as anywhere as the person who actually wants to buy one will get in touch privately to negotiate. Pistonheads is also a good place. It looks like you intend to sell after a year or so so you just might take a bath!
    Take a bath?

I think your right mate, the right buyer will always look at eBay, AutoTrader and pistonheads anyway generally

Re: Potential new owner UK

Yes some do but also worth looking on the Audi R8 UK Owners Club Facebook page.
    10 V10 Coupe, Ibis, 6MT, Capristo, Carbon Blades, OZ Ultraleggera HLT's, Maxton Splitter.
    Maintained by RE Performance.

Mitsubishi Evo V1 RS450 Extreme

Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Trev450 View Post

Yes some do but also worth looking on the Audi R8 UK Owners Club Facebook page.
    Thanks, I will have a look. As I said resale would be my biggest concern. I was quite happy to spend the money on the GTR as I know they sell easy and don't really depreciate that much

What I meant by taking a bath is nobody knows where we will be in 12 months or what will be happening with the country that is pretty obvious. If you keep it long term as in 5 years or more you will be laughing methinks but as you are already asking where is the best place to sell it even before you buy one is a bit worrying. I wasn't trying to be clever or off just my advice is all based on keeping it quite a few years, if only 12 months I've no idea how the state of the 2nd hand supercar market or our country will be in!

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    What I meant by taking a bath is nobody knows where we will be in 12 months or what will be happening with the country that is pretty obvious. If you keep it long term as in 5 years or more you will be laughing methinks but as you are already asking where is the best place to sell it even before you buy one is a bit worrying. I wasn't trying to be clever or off just my advice is all based on keeping it quite a few years, if only 12 months I've no idea how the state of the 2nd hand supercar market or our country will be in!
    I know what you mean mate. I appreciate the advice. Me and the Mrs are hoping to have kids next year so it's like a last hurrah before we do. Wont really be able to keep it financially I don't think and didn't want to end up stuck with it and letting it go really cheap. If the general opinion was that it's not a good idea I'd probably opt out. I do believe a good V10 will never be under £40k but I'm not as clued up as most of you guys. I appreciate all the info

Thanks
    Last edited by Jed1989; 05-20-2019 at 01:16 PM.

I know what you mean mate. I appreciate the advice. Me and the Mrs are hoping to have kids next year so it's like a last hurrah before we do. Wont really be able to keep it financially I don't think and didn't want to end up stuck with it and letting it go really cheap. If the general opinion was that it's not a good idea I'd probably opt out. I do believe a good V10 will never be under £40k but I'm not as clued up as most of you guys. I appreciate all the info

Thanks
    It wouldn't surprise me to see a V10 at under £40k however it will most likely be a dog - poor condition, patchy history, high mileage and/or an insurance write off.

I've seen V8s at £30,000 here in the UK and they fit most if not all of the above criteria.
    Audi R8 - 2008 V8 - manual - black/dark grey
    Audi A3 - 2010 TDi - manual - black
    VW Golf - 2006 Gti - manual - black

Quote Originally Posted by pompeyreece View Post

Thanks
    It wouldn't surprise me to see a V10 at under £40k however it will most likely be a dog - poor condition, patchy history, high mileage and/or an insurance write off.

I've seen V8s at £30,000 here in the UK and they fit most if not all of the above criteria.
    Exactly! And they are that price for a reason as you say

Also I have noticed alot of wanted threads are saying they are wanting 2011 onwards. Is there an issue on the 2010 model that rules it out for certain people I.e. frame cracking?

I know on the Gtr's an MY12 is much more desirable than a 61 plate car even though there only 6 months apart due to the upgrades on the newer model.

Thanks

It could be because of the frame cracking issue as this was addressed by Audi from late 2010 onwards. Given the internet scaremongering over this, however, they could be missing out on some lovely pre 2011 examples.
    10 V10 Coupe, Ibis, 6MT, Capristo, Carbon Blades, OZ Ultraleggera HLT's, Maxton Splitter.
    Maintained by RE Performance.

Mitsubishi Evo V1 RS450 Extreme

Hidden Content

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast