Potential new owner UK - Page 4


  1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

    Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!
     
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 67

Thread: Potential new owner UK

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev450 View Post
    It could be because of the frame cracking issue as this was addressed by Audi from late 2010 onwards. Given the internet scaremongering over this, however, they could be missing out on some lovely pre 2011 examples.
    I must admit when I saw the costs of repairing the frame it's put me off abit. I'm trying to get some info as to whether the warranty would cover this. If not it might be a no deal

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Senior Member DaveL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Fortaleza, Ceará, Brasil.
    Posts
    1,985

    Re: Potential new owner UK

    Quote Originally Posted by Jed1989 View Post
    I must admit when I saw the costs of repairing the frame it's put me off abit. I'm trying to get some info as to whether the warranty would cover this. If not it might be a no deal
    It's not what you know but who you know, I had my reinforcement plates fitted by a friend for virtually nothing.
    Black/Gold 09 V8 Coupe R-Tronic. Black/Gold 05 Race prep'd Yamaha R1.

  4. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jed1989 View Post
    I must admit when I saw the costs of repairing the frame it's put me off abit. I'm trying to get some info as to whether the warranty would cover this. If not it might be a no deal
    It's not what you know but who you know, I had my reinforcement plates fitted by a friend for virtually nothing.
    Definately is mate. Unfortunately I don't really know anyone that would be good with that type of work. I am awaiting the vin number to get some info from Audi Norwich who have been servicing it

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements
     

  6. #34
    Senior Member DaveL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Fortaleza, Ceará, Brasil.
    Posts
    1,985

    Re: Potential new owner UK

    Quote Originally Posted by Jed1989 View Post
    Definately is mate. Unfortunately I don't really know anyone that would be good with that type of work. I am awaiting the vin number to get some info from Audi Norwich who have been servicing it
    Next time you're in Audi Norwich on Sprowston Rd, give my regards to their parts man Stuart Thompson, he's a good egg and super helpful.
    Black/Gold 09 V8 Coupe R-Tronic. Black/Gold 05 Race prep'd Yamaha R1.

  7. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jed1989 View Post
    Definately is mate. Unfortunately I don't really know anyone that would be good with that type of work. I am awaiting the vin number to get some info from Audi Norwich who have been servicing it
    Next time you're in Audi Norwich on Sprowston Rd, give my regards to their parts man Stuart Thompson, he's a good egg and super helpful.
    Will do. And that's good to know. Hopefully I'll get through to someone else useful

  8. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    167

    Re: Potential new owner UK

    Quote Originally Posted by Jed1989 View Post
    I must admit when I saw the costs of repairing the frame it's put me off abit. I'm trying to get some info as to whether the warranty would cover this. If not it might be a no deal
    They were fitted as standard after 09 I think. Down here you can get the plates retrofitted for £500 if it bothers you that much, it's a non issue
    If it happens then it's accident damage from a pothole and a write off from your insurance
    Ricky from REP who worked launching the platform for Audi UK is confident that it has only affected a few cars that had been involved in accidents
    Just get it inspected before you buy and don't worry about it
    I'd be a lot more concerned about the mag ride dampers and chose a car with passives as they are poor quality and expensive

  9. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by jakesmith View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jed1989 View Post
    I must admit when I saw the costs of repairing the frame it's put me off abit. I'm trying to get some info as to whether the warranty would cover this. If not it might be a no deal
    They were fitted as standard after 09 I think. Down here you can get the plates retrofitted for £500 if it bothers you that much, it's a non issue
    If it happens then it's accident damage from a pothole and a write off from your insurance
    Ricky from REP who worked launching the platform for Audi UK is confident that it has only affected a few cars that had been involved in accidents
    Just get it inspected before you buy and don't worry about it
    I'd be a lot more concerned about the mag ride dampers and chose a car with passives as they are poor quality and expensive
    The car has just had the Mag ride replaced at Audi and has 2 years warranty on them I believe. The only other slight concern I have with the car. It has been serviced in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016,2017, 2018, 2019. The mileage between 13 and 15 was only 2000 miles. However it wasn't serviced at the yearly interval I in 2014. Would this be something of a concern or just me being picky?

  10. #38
    Senior Member DaveL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Fortaleza, Ceará, Brasil.
    Posts
    1,985

    Re: Potential new owner UK

    You're being soooo picky.
    Black/Gold 09 V8 Coupe R-Tronic. Black/Gold 05 Race prep'd Yamaha R1.

  11. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    You're being soooo picky.
    Not a concern then haha

    Cheers mate . I know some GTR owners would say it's off putting if it misses a service

  12. #40
    Senior Member pompeyreece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    791

    Re: Potential new owner UK

    Quote Originally Posted by Jed1989 View Post
    The car has just had the Mag ride replaced at Audi and has 2 years warranty on them I believe. The only other slight concern I have with the car. It has been serviced in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016,2017, 2018, 2019. The mileage between 13 and 15 was only 2000 miles. However it wasn't serviced at the yearly interval I in 2014. Would this be something of a concern or just me being picky?
    Right to be picky but that's a little OTT IMHO - an annual service every year regardless of mileage is what you're aiming for.
    Audi R8 - 2008 V8 - manual - black/dark grey
    Audi A3 - 2010 TDi - manual - black
    VW Golf - 2006 Gti - manual - black

  13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements
     

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Potential new owner and wanted some feedback!
    By broker73 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-02-2014, 10:35 AM
  2. New member and potential owner with questions
    By wh921 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-02-2014, 01:06 PM
  3. new owner R8 V8 2008 Black Manual - Potential issues?
    By benfj180 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-23-2014, 04:10 AM
  4. Potential new owner - GTR to R8
    By deankenny in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-19-2014, 03:35 PM
  5. Potential new R8 owner looking for advice please
    By Stuart6587 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2013, 11:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0