Potential new owner UK - Page 4

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Potential new owner UK

Quote Originally Posted by Trev450 View Post
    It could be because of the frame cracking issue as this was addressed by Audi from late 2010 onwards. Given the internet scaremongering over this, however, they could be missing out on some lovely pre 2011 examples.
    I must admit when I saw the costs of repairing the frame it's put me off abit. I'm trying to get some info as to whether the warranty would cover this. If not it might be a no deal

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Potential new owner UK

Quote Originally Posted by Jed1989 View Post
    I must admit when I saw the costs of repairing the frame it's put me off abit. I'm trying to get some info as to whether the warranty would cover this. If not it might be a no deal
    It's not what you know but who you know, I had my reinforcement plates fitted by a friend for virtually nothing.
    Black/Gold 09 V8 Coupe R-Tronic. Black/Gold 05 Race prep'd Yamaha R1.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    It's not what you know but who you know, I had my reinforcement plates fitted by a friend for virtually nothing.
    Definately is mate. Unfortunately I don't really know anyone that would be good with that type of work. I am awaiting the vin number to get some info from Audi Norwich who have been servicing it

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Definately is mate. Unfortunately I don't really know anyone that would be good with that type of work. I am awaiting the vin number to get some info from Audi Norwich who have been servicing it
    Next time you're in Audi Norwich on Sprowston Rd, give my regards to their parts man Stuart Thompson, he's a good egg and super helpful.

Next time you're in Audi Norwich on Sprowston Rd, give my regards to their parts man Stuart Thompson, he's a good egg and super helpful.
    Will do. And that's good to know. Hopefully I'll get through to someone else useful

They were fitted as standard after 09 I think. Down here you can get the plates retrofitted for £500 if it bothers you that much, it's a non issue
    If it happens then it's accident damage from a pothole and a write off from your insurance
    Ricky from REP who worked launching the platform for Audi UK is confident that it has only affected a few cars that had been involved in accidents
    Just get it inspected before you buy and don't worry about it
    I'd be a lot more concerned about the mag ride dampers and chose a car with passives as they are poor quality and expensive

Quote Originally Posted by jakesmith View Post
    They were fitted as standard after 09 I think. Down here you can get the plates retrofitted for £500 if it bothers you that much, it's a non issue
    If it happens then it's accident damage from a pothole and a write off from your insurance
    Ricky from REP who worked launching the platform for Audi UK is confident that it has only affected a few cars that had been involved in accidents
    Just get it inspected before you buy and don't worry about it
    I'd be a lot more concerned about the mag ride dampers and chose a car with passives as they are poor quality and expensive
    The car has just had the Mag ride replaced at Audi and has 2 years warranty on them I believe. The only other slight concern I have with the car. It has been serviced in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016,2017, 2018, 2019. The mileage between 13 and 15 was only 2000 miles. However it wasn't serviced at the yearly interval I in 2014. Would this be something of a concern or just me being picky?

You're being soooo picky.

You're being soooo picky.
    Not a concern then haha

Cheers mate . I know some GTR owners would say it's off putting if it misses a service

The car has just had the Mag ride replaced at Audi and has 2 years warranty on them I believe. The only other slight concern I have with the car. It has been serviced in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016,2017, 2018, 2019. The mileage between 13 and 15 was only 2000 miles. However it wasn't serviced at the yearly interval I in 2014. Would this be something of a concern or just me being picky?
    Right to be picky but that's a little OTT IMHO - an annual service every year regardless of mileage is what you're aiming for.
    Audi R8 - 2008 V8 - manual - black/dark grey
    Audi A3 - 2010 TDi - manual - black
    VW Golf - 2006 Gti - manual - black

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast