Potential new owner UK


  1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

    Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!
     
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 67

Thread: Potential new owner UK

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    32
    Hi, I'm new to the R8 world. I am looking at purchasing a manual 2010 V10 spyder. I have recently sold a Nissan GTR and have fancied an R8 for years. My only issue is I don't know much about them so don't want to rush in. The car is £52k with 35k miles. Firstly is this a good price? It has new tyres and brakes and recent service. Full audi service history.

    The main things that concern me are?

    Are the later ones worth the extra money, as in were there many upgrades upto say 2014?

    What are the resale values like? Are they expected to drop alot in the coming year. I'm planning on having it 12 months (I know this is guess work but say for the GTR they generally hold their money very well)

    What are they like to sell on private? I would be getting 2 years warranty so would be able to sell on with 12 months remaining. The warranty covers the value of the car.

    Any common issues/expensive issues?

    General service costs at Audi?

    I have been doing research but it's always good to get real world opinions.

    Thanks in advance

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    59

    Re: Potential new owner UK

    Im from the UK. I had a 2009 V10 coupe sold about 5 years ago. Just purchased a 2016 V10 plus coupe. These are very reliable cars both gen 1 and gen 2. Cant really comment on price but I would assume its the same with any car you are paying a premium to finance through a dealer so will depreciate 5K+ as soon as you drive it away. But apart from that initial hit these wont move much at all.

    Looking at the mileage had it had a clutch change? My clutch on my V8 failed at around 35K miles. I dont believe you will be able to sell it privately as people dont want to tie up capital in a car so always want to finance thru a dealer. When you say 2 years warranty I assume this wont be an Audi warranty? I did 40K miles in my original V8 and apart from the clutch and normal brake replacement didnt have any issues. Did about 20K in my V10 and didnt have any issues.

    Its a 9 year old car I wouldnt bother having anything done at Audi anymore but Audi prices are pretty reasonable considering the car it is.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by v10plus View Post
    Im from the UK. I had a 2009 V10 coupe sold about 5 years ago. Just purchased a 2016 V10 plus coupe. These are very reliable cars both gen 1 and gen 2. Cant really comment on price but I would assume its the same with any car you are paying a premium to finance through a dealer so will depreciate 5K+ as soon as you drive it away. But apart from that initial hit these wont move much at all.

    Looking at the mileage had it had a clutch change? My clutch on my V8 failed at around 35K miles. I dont believe you will be able to sell it privately as people dont want to tie up capital in a car so always want to finance thru a dealer. When you say 2 years warranty I assume this wont be an Audi warranty? I did 40K miles in my original V8 and apart from the clutch and normal brake replacement didnt have any issues. Did about 20K in my V10 and didnt have any issues.

    Its a 9 year old car I wouldnt bother having anything done at Audi anymore but Audi prices are pretty reasonable considering the car it is.
    Many thanks for the reply

    I am buying the car cash so not financing it. Just want the peace of mind and the warranty. It's not audi warranty no, it does however cover it for the value of the car not a £1000 claim limit like some warranties.

    Strangely enough the car had a new clutch at 13,000 miles. I'm not sure why but it was replaced at Audi for £3500. I know what you mean regarding selling private however I have just sold my GTR private for similar money (£46k). The car has 4 new tyres, new discs and pads all round, fresh service and had the MAG ride shockers replaced 2 weeks back as they were leaking. Apparently they are a common issue.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jed1989 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by v10plus View Post
    Im from the UK. I had a 2009 V10 coupe sold about 5 years ago. Just purchased a 2016 V10 plus coupe. These are very reliable cars both gen 1 and gen 2. Cant really comment on price but I would assume its the same with any car you are paying a premium to finance through a dealer so will depreciate 5K+ as soon as you drive it away. But apart from that initial hit these wont move much at all.

    Looking at the mileage had it had a clutch change? My clutch on my V8 failed at around 35K miles. I dont believe you will be able to sell it privately as people dont want to tie up capital in a car so always want to finance thru a dealer. When you say 2 years warranty I assume this wont be an Audi warranty? I did 40K miles in my original V8 and apart from the clutch and normal brake replacement didnt have any issues. Did about 20K in my V10 and didnt have any issues.

    Its a 9 year old car I wouldnt bother having anything done at Audi anymore but Audi prices are pretty reasonable considering the car it is.
    Many thanks for the reply

    I am buying the car cash so not financing it. Just want the peace of mind and the warranty. It's not audi warranty no, it does however cover it for the value of the car not a £1000 claim limit like some warranties.

    Strangely enough the car had a new clutch at 13,000 miles. I'm not sure why but it was replaced at Audi for £3500. I know what you mean regarding selling private however I have just sold my GTR private for similar money (£46k). The car has 4 new tyres, new discs and pads all round, fresh service and had the MAG ride shockers replaced 2 weeks back as they were leaking. Apparently they are a common issue.
    I’ve just recently picked mine up. 2010 V10 manual Spyder. Absolutely love it! Can I ask what warranty you’re purchasing?

  7. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneday View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jed1989 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by v10plus View Post
    Im from the UK. I had a 2009 V10 coupe sold about 5 years ago. Just purchased a 2016 V10 plus coupe. These are very reliable cars both gen 1 and gen 2. Cant really comment on price but I would assume its the same with any car you are paying a premium to finance through a dealer so will depreciate 5K+ as soon as you drive it away. But apart from that initial hit these wont move much at all.

    Looking at the mileage had it had a clutch change? My clutch on my V8 failed at around 35K miles. I dont believe you will be able to sell it privately as people dont want to tie up capital in a car so always want to finance thru a dealer. When you say 2 years warranty I assume this wont be an Audi warranty? I did 40K miles in my original V8 and apart from the clutch and normal brake replacement didnt have any issues. Did about 20K in my V10 and didnt have any issues.

    Its a 9 year old car I wouldnt bother having anything done at Audi anymore but Audi prices are pretty reasonable considering the car it is.
    Many thanks for the reply

    I am buying the car cash so not financing it. Just want the peace of mind and the warranty. It's not audi warranty no, it does however cover it for the value of the car not a £1000 claim limit like some warranties.

    Strangely enough the car had a new clutch at 13,000 miles. I'm not sure why but it was replaced at Audi for £3500. I know what you mean regarding selling private however I have just sold my GTR private for similar money (£46k). The car has 4 new tyres, new discs and pads all round, fresh service and had the MAG ride shockers replaced 2 weeks back as they were leaking. Apparently they are a common issue.
    I’ve just recently picked mine up. 2010 V10 manual Spyder. Absolutely love it! Can I ask what warranty you’re purchasing?
    The warranty is through the dealership and they are audi specialists. What did u pay for it if you don't mind me asking? And what mileage? I'm not sure if £52k is good.

    I'm just hoping if I do buy it, it's not going to be worth £40k next year 😞

  8. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    4

    Re: Potential new owner UK

    If you end up not buying it, I got an R8 V8 Manual 2008 with 54k Miles. New clutch 3k miles ago, new Pirellis in August, breaks, shock absorber, radiator fan for 35k

  9. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    8
    [/QUOTE]

    The warranty is through the dealership and they are audi specialists. What did u pay for it if you don't mind me asking? And what mileage? I'm not sure if £52k is good.

    I'm just hoping if I do buy it, it's not going to be worth £40k next year 😞[/QUOTE]

    Mine was £55k. 25k miles with full Audi history. Standard apart from Tubi exhaust. Hasn’t had any big things replaced as none have broken. Not sure if that’s a good thing or bad thing! Immaculate car. Mine was from a super/sports car dealer but they only gave a 6 month warranty with £2.5k limit per claim! Your warranty sounds pretty comprehensive!

  10. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    32
    The warranty is through the dealership and they are audi specialists. What did u pay for it if you don't mind me asking? And what mileage? I'm not sure if £52k is good.

    I'm just hoping if I do buy it, it's not going to be worth £40k next year 😞[/QUOTE]

    Mine was £55k. 25k miles with full Audi history. Standard apart from Tubi exhaust. Hasn’t had any big things replaced as none have broken. Not sure if that’s a good thing or bad thing! Immaculate car. Mine was from a super/sports car dealer but they only gave a 6 month warranty with £2.5k limit per claim! Your warranty sounds pretty comprehensive![/QUOTE]

    I'm not sure either whether that's a good thing or not. As long as you don't have any issues I don't think it matters. So the one I'm looking at for £52k with 35k miles seems about the right price. The guy at the dealership is emailing me the warranty details today so I'll know more when I read through it. Sounds pretty good though

  11. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by thenewr8owner View Post
    If you end up not buying it, I got an R8 V8 Manual 2008 with 54k Miles. New clutch 3k miles ago, new Pirellis in August, breaks, shock absorber, radiator fan for 35k [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.r8talk.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
    Ideally after a V10 but I'll keep it in mind

  12. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    32
    The warranty is through the dealership and they are audi specialists. What did u pay for it if you don't mind me asking? And what mileage? I'm not sure if £52k is good.

    I'm just hoping if I do buy it, it's not going to be worth £40k next year 😞[/QUOTE]

    Mine was £55k. 25k miles with full Audi history. Standard apart from Tubi exhaust. Hasn’t had any big things replaced as none have broken. Not sure if that’s a good thing or bad thing! Immaculate car. Mine was from a super/sports car dealer but they only gave a 6 month warranty with £2.5k limit per claim! Your warranty sounds pretty comprehensive![/QUOTE]

    Do you know what they are like to sell? I'm only planning on keeping it a year so don't want to end up stuck with it trying to sell it. I know the GTR market is pretty good and they generally sell within a month or 2. The R8 I'm not sure about. That's one of the things putting me off slightly and the depreciation

  13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Potential new owner and wanted some feedback!
    By broker73 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-02-2014, 10:35 AM
  2. New member and potential owner with questions
    By wh921 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-02-2014, 01:06 PM
  3. new owner R8 V8 2008 Black Manual - Potential issues?
    By benfj180 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-23-2014, 04:10 AM
  4. Potential new owner - GTR to R8
    By deankenny in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-19-2014, 03:35 PM
  5. Potential new R8 owner looking for advice please
    By Stuart6587 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2013, 11:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0