1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member

Hi there, new member here from UK. I currently own a B7 RS4 and am looking at getting a 2010 R8 V10. I'd love some advice about what to look out for when buying an R8 such as common faults, desired additions, etc etc. Unfortunately I can't post links due to my post count so I'll describe it as best I can:

-19k Miles
    -Manual gear box
    -Brilliant red i think is the official colour name (I thought it was called misano but that's not what the dealer says so what do I know)
    -Fine nappa leather cream interior
    -Pirelli P Zero with plenty of meat left
    -19" wheels with no damage that I can see
    -Hard-top (not spyder)
    -Mag ride

Also, I'd love to know what modifications are possible with the V10 My B7 is quite well modified so I'd probably start tinkering sooner or later knowing me.

Thanks in advance,

Callum

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong section to post this in, please move is so!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: New member

This has been asked and answered a thousand times. . .in fact, again just yesterday.
    If it's an early 2010, check the front frame-crack areas on both sides.
    With mag-ride, check to see if there is any leaking in the dampers.
    Does it qualify for an extended warranty?

Welcome to the forum - you'll find plenty of great content here about the R8, including some items to look out for when purchasing. Some common issues including leaking shocks, A/C compressor functionality, frame cracking on earlier models, and frunk latch alignment. These are all very addressable issues - minus the frame cracks... so do inspect.

A quality PPI is recommended, of course. Just be thorough about the inspection, and make sure that the PPI is done by a third party with no financial interest in the car.

Brilliant red is indeed brilliant - no bias here.
    2015 Audi R8 V10 | S-Tronic | Brilliant Red on Black | Carbon Blades | Carbon Trim | Sport Exhaust | Full Leather | Contrast Stitching | OEM 5-Piece R8 Luggage | Full XPEL Ultimate | Fully Stock | Original Owner

-- Other Vehicles --
    2017 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe
    2012 Audi Q5

Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks for the information both of you, and sorry for asking what has been asked already numerous times.

Regarding the frame cracking issue, was this addressed in later models? If so, how can I tell which models it was addressed in? Also, is it something that can be prevented? I ready about welding in a part from Audi?

So based on the advice I got from you guys, I put a deposit down pending the result of a thorough PPI, specifically investigating the points that have been mentioned here and in other posts. Thanks for the advice and I look forward to being an active poster once I'm the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumM View Post
    So based on the advice I got from you guys, I put a deposit down pending the result of a thorough PPI, specifically investigating the points that have been mentioned here and in other posts. Thanks for the advice and I look forward to being an active poster once I'm the owner.
    Good luck! Hope the car checks out.

Friendly piece of advice: Please purchase an exclusionary platinum warranty from Fidelity or Audi Direct if you do purchase any R8. It should run you $3-$4K depending on coverage and mileage/year of vehicle. It is worth every penny.
    2014 Audi R8 V8 STRONIC - 2018 Audi Q7 - 2018 Jeep Wrangler (JK)

Hi there, new member here from UK. I currently own a B7 RS4 and am looking at getting a 2010 R8 V10. I'd love some advice about what to look out for when buying an R8 such as common faults, desired additions, etc etc. Unfortunately I can't post links due to my post count so I'll describe it as best I can:

-19k Miles
    -Manual gear box
    -Brilliant red i think is the official colour name (I thought it was called misano but that's not what the dealer says so what do I know)
    -Fine nappa leather cream interior
    -Pirelli P Zero with plenty of meat left
    -19" wheels with no damage that I can see
    -Hard-top (not spyder)
    -Mag ride

Also, I'd love to know what modifications are possible with the V10 My B7 is quite well modified so I'd probably start tinkering sooner or later knowing me.

Thanks in advance,

Callum

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong section to post this in, please move is so!
    Sounds like a nice example. With regards to mods, an APR ECU flash, less restrictive exhaust and induction kit should take it to around 600 bhp.
    10 V10 Coupe, Ibis, 6MT, Capristo, Carbon Blades, OZ Ultraleggera HLT's, Maxton Splitter.
    Maintained by RE Performance.

Mitsubishi Evo V1 RS450 Extreme

Hidden Content

Thanks for the information both of you, and sorry for asking what has been asked already numerous times.

Regarding the frame cracking issue, was this addressed in later models? If so, how can I tell which models it was addressed in? Also, is it something that can be prevented? I ready about welding in a part from Audi?
    should be addressed after 2010? looks like this
    New member-img_0444.jpgNew member-img_0442.jpg
    R8 V10 (k&n, Kline, VF ECU&TCU)
    981B (k&n)
    991 GT3
    458 Italia

I hope the inspection pans out! Best of luck, and welcome to the forum again!
    2015 Audi R8 V10 | S-Tronic | Brilliant Red on Black | Carbon Blades | Carbon Trim | Sport Exhaust | Full Leather | Contrast Stitching | OEM 5-Piece R8 Luggage | Full XPEL Ultimate | Fully Stock | Original Owner

-- Other Vehicles --
    2017 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe
    2012 Audi Q5

Hidden Content

check for leaky mag ride shocks
    any frame cracking
    A/C is common
    Typical PPI stuff otherwise
    ==================

14 R8 V8 S-Tronic Phantom \ Black Nappa \ Kline

Previous:
    Porsche: 991.1 GTS, 991.1 4S
    BMW: 01 M3, 05 M3, 08 M3, 11 M3, 15 M3, 17 M2, 06 M5, 08 M6 plus others...

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast