AUDI will stop further devellopment of TT and R8 models!

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AUDI will stop further devellopment of TT and R8 models!

AUDI will stop further devellopment of TT and R8 models!

https://www.hln.be/auto/audi-gaat-st...n-r8~ab705661/

This means whe have gold in our hands becoming a collector's item.
    2013 Audi R8 V10 Spyder S tronic
    2013 Audi Q5 2.0 TFSI quattro 225 hp S tronic
    2000 Audi TT 1.8 turbo quattro 225 hp 6 speed manual
    1993 Audi cabriolet 2.3 130 hp 5 speed manual

2003 Honda VTX 1800c
    2002 HD FLSTF Fat Boy

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: AUDI will stop further devellopment of TT and R8 models!

Maybe so, but it’s a shame how the industry is refocusing on electric and self driving vehicles, the antithesis of what represents driving pleasure for car enthusiasts like most of us on this forum. Progress is change and all that I know, but a silent car that drives itself replacing a manual V10 R8? Being shuttled around on an iPad on wheels while wasting time browsing Facebook nonsense and munching on junk food isn’t utopia nor my idea of fun - are we marching towards a world where excitement gets replaced by lazy ease devoid of all risk and challenge sold as “safety”? Where the act of driving is replaced by scrolling through social media eating away whatever’s left of our brains, and sold as “freedom”? Sorry for the depressing rant, but there you have it.
    -------------------------
    2010 R8 V10 | Manual Transmission | Ibis White | GMG Exhaust

It'll just leave us motorcyclists (for the time being!) to enjoy petrol engine developements.
    Black/Gold 09 V8 Coupe R-Tronic. Black/Gold 05 Race prep'd Yamaha R1.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Even motorcycle is heading toward an electric engine. Keep the R8.....

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    It'll just leave us motorcyclists (for the time being!) to enjoy petrol engine developements.
    2014 Audi R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by yellowpad View Post
    Even motorcycle is heading toward an electric engine. Keep the R8.....
    I'm keeping both, that's for certain.
    Black/Gold 09 V8 Coupe R-Tronic. Black/Gold 05 Race prep'd Yamaha R1.

Maybe so, but it’s a shame how the industry is refocusing on electric and self driving vehicles, the antithesis of what represents driving pleasure for car enthusiasts like most of us on this forum. Progress is change and all that I know, but a silent car that drives itself replacing a manual V10 R8? Being shuttled around on an iPad on wheels while wasting time browsing Facebook nonsense and munching on junk food isn’t utopia nor my idea of fun - are we marching towards a world where excitement gets replaced by lazy ease devoid of all risk and challenge sold as “safety”? Where the act of driving is replaced by scrolling through social media eating away whatever’s left of our brains, and sold as “freedom”? Sorry for the depressing rant, but there you have it.
    You're absolutely right. I am in the automation industry, although for HVAC, but my approach is always to leave a person involved in making the big decisions. Then they can select or command the system on what to do next. I don't know anyone who wants a self-driving vehicle, but that's all you hear about and these companies are one after the other trying to be the first and best. "Just because you can doesn't mean you should." It's been said one way or another in movies and whatever but is true. I understand progress and technology and do like both, but it needs to be controlled. I worry about my kids' kids. They're the ones that will experience that world at is best. I just hope that society has enough brains to stop listening to the media and people with endless amounts of $$ and so something that makes sense.

I thought I would add to it. I'm going to Watkins Glen in a couple of weeks and I'm gonna have a lot of fun, so that's that.
    2014 v10, S-Tronic, Phantom Black Pearl, GMG Racing CF Wing,
    PedalBox, Tubi Rumore Exhaust, VF750 SC
    2014 Audi Q5 TDI

Previous:
    2005 Dodge Viper, SC
    1969 Pro Street Camaro BB 572ci
    1969 Alky Injected Camaro Race Car BB 522ci
    1971 Z28 original

****. Guess I bought my R8 right in time.

In general everyone is starting to phase out gasoline engines. And or going hybrid at the least.
    I'm happy to still drive my V10 M5 knowing. At least in my life time... a v10 F1 engine will never be put into a sedan again.
    - BMW V10 M5 Daily
    - Way too many more to list

I remember back in the early 2000's (2004) I had a chance to buy a low mileage air cooled, manual trans 993 Turbo for $70,000 and passed to buy the new c6 Corvette. Same car today with 25,000 miles would be $250k. That was just 15 years ago. I think it would be a great time to buy the best, lowest mileage R8 you can afford before they get priced out of your reach. I truly believe this is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by jbusa95te View Post
    I remember back in the early 2000's (2004) I had a chance to buy a low mileage air cooled, manual trans 993 Turbo for $70,000 and passed to buy the new c6 Corvette. Same car today with 25,000 miles would be $250k. That was just 15 years ago. I think it would be a great time to buy the best, lowest mileage R8 you can afford before they get priced out of your reach. I truly believe this is coming.
    I'm a skeptic at heart, but I do hope you are right.
    I’m happy as long as I’m ahead of you. Hidden Content
    2011 R8 5.2 6spd Spyder / Suzuka Grey / Stasis VF supercharged / Alcon brakes / Akrapovic exhaust / Carbon Fiber bits n pieces
    2003 996 Turbo / Evoms It tune and TCU / Moton suspension /BBS RGT wheels / Fabspeed exhaust / more CF goodies.

I like the way this thread is going :-)

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast