Audi R8 Forums banner

Funding Secured!

4K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  7-Sins 
#1 ·
Thanks to all for the insightful information. I have been perusing the forum gathering information and planning to take the plunge. 1st time poster, long time follower of the forum! Thanks to all for the great post on R8’s, common problems, modifications, and also the great info on servicing, Audi vs Fidelity, and insurance. Can’t wait to hopefully become a new owner of a 2014 V8 tomorrow

Anxiously awaiting a PPI tomorrow and pending that will be joining the mid life crisis crowd! Car is clean, low mileage good maintenance history. We shall see!

#2 ·
Good luck and make sure you post up some pictures if you close the deal.

#5 ·
Congratulations! I hope the PPI comes back clean for you!

"Funding Secured" - for a minute there, I thought the poster was Elon Musk! :)

#6 ·
Thanks all! Happy to join the new owner club. Everyone has been so helpful in my research, planning, and now ownership. Sorry for the crap pictures basically been balancing kids this weekend and getting pics of the car lol

Looking forward to enjoying the R8 to its fullest. Need to get the 35k service complete (AudiCare was prepaid for 35k and 45k), as well as the Audi Pure Protection. The car now has 29.6k and curious for any suggestions on getting ownership started on the right foot. I have established a relationship with my local Audi which is great, but wondering if anyone has advice on servicing, extended warranty, etc. I did look into Fidelity which was around the same pricing of going thru Audi direct so with that said have decided to go direct. All advice and suggestions welcome!

Attachments

#8 ·
Lol! Yea the little girl went V10 spyder. I went 2014 V8 Coupe. She got hers about 2 years ago. My journey to an R8 was 10 years of planning so the wife and family could be setup. Now it was daddy’s turn. We will try and take a side by side this week with the mini and the real world R8! Thanks to all looking forward to being part of the community!

Attachments

#11 ·
Thanks all! Very excited to own. The V8 has plenty of power for my enjoyment and DCT so easy to drive. Yea preference I suppose on color, loved the Suzuka Gray and rare appeal. Looked at Ibis white and Suzuka. Color worked better for me. Re: mods few things here and there. I will add the GT spoiler for sure and decode the OEM spoiler. Aggressive look with blacked out badges. Are they easy to remove and Plasti Dip? Any suggestions?

Mostly the simple mods (puddle lights, window tint, possible powder coat of wheels, CF mirrors). The biggest mod I am debating is whether to take on the challenge of upgrading the engine bay to CF. Car has CF package for interior, side blade, but like most V8’s the engine bay is standard. Keeping the stock MMI, despite its Bluetooth issues. Purchase the Tune2Air for phone connectivity to stream Spotify. Cheap solution. Looks to be about $2,300 to upgrade from what I’ve read on here. Debating if it’s worth the added cost.

Some guy near where I live is selling the V10+ wheels from his 2017, but not real sure as they are 20’s and of course takes away from the OEM appeal. Any advice

#12 ·
You maybe better getting a set of black badges from Shardul at UPD on here than trying to plasti dip yours. Have you considered hydro dipping the engine bay covers in carbon?

#13 ·
Good plan with the mods. My matte black badges are Plastidip. They are holding up well. The badges are easy to remove with a thin fishing line.

The Tune2air is a good bluetooth solution if you have AMI. Not worth upgrading the RNSE headset when you can get pretty much all the function attaching a Xiaomi Mi Max 7 inch phone like this.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle audio Electronics

My V8 didn't have the CF engine bay trims and it was so much easier to maintain. My V10 has the CF trim and it's already getting some minor scratches. Not really worth the expense to upgrade them as you only really see it when you have the glass hatch up. Trev's suggestion to Hydro Dip them is a good idea.

The rims on your car are already the newer facelift ones so not much point in swapping them to the 2017 rims. The 20 inch will make the ride more harsh and the tires more expensive.

I would highly recommend swapping out the exhaust and do a throttle mod like the Sprintbooster/Pedalbox as those improve the driving experience dramatically.

Keep us posted and more pics when available. Cheers!

#20 ·
Hi Howie-
Always enjoyed your post on the board. Never responded or posted of course until I was an official owner.

Thanks good to know that Trev’s hydro dip CF solution is good. Yea, it is a 14’ V8 with the iPod connection so should be reasonably easy and affordable solution to update and maintain OEM controls, rather than tearing apart the dash to update to a more current stereo. Read some reviews many good ones with the Tune2Air ($88 on Amazon). My Suzuka Gray has the Black optic package which looks pretty sweet. The updated wheels looks great and debating if maybe doing a powder coat (more of a matte look than a gloss) would look nice. I’ll have to upload more pics when I get time. Been a busy weekend with the young kiddos and trying to find R8 time has been tough!

#24 ·
hydro dipping doesn't look as good as real CF. Hard to beat the real deal.. Also you don't need to remove your badges to plasti dip them.. just tape off about an inch around the sides of your badges and spray on 6 or 7 coats. Then peel around and voila black oem badges for cheap. If I didn't tell people my badges are dipped, they wouldn't even be able to tell.. watch some youtube vids, pretty easy to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.