Fidelity Platinum Civerage

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Thread: Fidelity Platinum Civerage

Fidelity Platinum Civerage

Hey all-
    Aside from the debate on “Struts” with Fidelity are there any other exclusions on the Fidelity Platinum coverage that are that much inferior to Audi Pure Protection. I love driving, but am admittedly an amateur when it comes to technical details. So many of you are experts in this world and hoping for advice. I have a good relationship with the service advisor. We have already clarified the “Strut” issue and called their parts department, but just wondering if there are other exclusions attached below that are not covered by Fidelity, but are covered by APP? Thanks all! Attached the screenshot of the exclusions for platinum below!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fidelity Platinum Civerage-4a6f7b34-3334-4d3a-bfc2-b6b44180abe7_1559412047099.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Fidelity Platinum Civerage

I can't quite see the attachment you have (too small), but I'm attaching the exclusion info from my APP Platinum plan here. On APP, the only plan that's exclusionary (everything covered except for...) is the "Platinum" plan, so this should help you see what's covered.

Fidelity Platinum Civerage-vsp-platinum-exclusions.jpg

Likewise, on APP, shocks are explicitly called out as covered.

Fidelity Platinum Civerage-suspension-coverage-vsp.jpg
    2015 Audi R8 V10 | S-Tronic | Brilliant Red on Black | Carbon Blades | Carbon Trim | Sport Exhaust | Full Leather | Contrast Stitching | OEM 5-Piece R8 Luggage | Full XPEL Ultimate | Fully Stock | Original Owner

-- Other Vehicles --
    2017 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe
    2012 Audi Q5

Hidden Content

I was just recently looking into this. My v10 has 28k miles and I noticed a puff of blue smoke at cold start. Many says it's the seals, piston rings, valve guides or perhaps caused by carbon build up. I dont see any of these exclusions under fidelity, so I am hoping they are covered when I get to deal with it (excessive oil consumption was never a problem in my car though). Fidelity just fixed the oil/water pump and 4 shocks a few months back, i need to take a break from claims haha
    R8 V10 (k&n, Kline, VF ECU&TCU)
    981B (k&n)
    991 GT3
    430 Scuderia
    458 Italia

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kiryu View Post
    I was just recently looking into this. My v10 has 28k miles and I noticed a puff of blue smoke at cold start. Many says it's the seals, piston rings, valve guides or perhaps caused by carbon build up. I dont see any of these exclusions under fidelity, so I am hoping they are covered when I get to deal with it (excessive oil consumption was never a problem in my car though). Fidelity just fixed the oil/water pump and 4 shocks a few months back, i need to take a break from claims haha
    You'll have to let us know what they find - I have to believe it'll be covered if it's anything engine related. Sounds like you've been getting your money's worth on the warranty, though - good for you! While nobody likes to drop several thousand on a warranty, in the case of an expensive car like this, it seems to make sense.
    2015 Audi R8 V10 | S-Tronic | Brilliant Red on Black | Carbon Blades | Carbon Trim | Sport Exhaust | Full Leather | Contrast Stitching | OEM 5-Piece R8 Luggage | Full XPEL Ultimate | Fully Stock | Original Owner

-- Other Vehicles --
    2017 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe
    2012 Audi Q5

Hidden Content

7. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements