HELP MY A/C DOESNT WORK on my V10

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP MY A/C DOESNT WORK on my V10

HELP MY A/C DOESNT WORK on my V10

Hello today was very hot and while driving my R8 V10 year 2012 I start the A/C but no cold air the fan just blow warm air, now I have this car for 2 years and I never charged it as last year summer was working great as I have the VCDS how can I perform a test to see what the problem is? Or what she’ll I do to understand what is going on ?? Also if in need of recharge with gas how she’ll i tell the guy the right way tondo the charge ? I heard that all the humidity should be vacuumed out ,how ? Thank s for the help

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: HELP MY A/C DOESNT WORK on my V10

What does the control switches do? are they functioning? warm air from all the vents?
    Black/Gold 09 V8 Coupe R-Tronic. Black/Gold 05 Race prep'd Yamaha R1.

My AC light wouldn’t come on dash panel, dealer diagnosed as some sort of valve in the system, I think the valve was $90, but with labor total bill was approx $550

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

I also had the failed pressure switch. It was the first repair I had to do on this car. Replacement switch was around $50, and $200 labor at my indi-shop. But then, at the end of last summer I was turning on the AC and heard something clatter. Not very loud, but just loud enough to make your wallet flinch. $5K for that one. Here's to hoping it's your pressure switch.

Name:  synchronsprecher_stan_marsh_south_park-220x220.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  8.5 KB
    You know. . .I learned something today.
    Be sure to use your AC often, and have it serviced fully every two years, whether it needs it or not. It seems that's the trick to longevity with these compressors.

Do you know what's involved with servicing the AC every 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by GT#298 View Post
    I also had the failed pressure switch. It was the first repair I had to do on this car. Replacement switch was around $50, and $200 labor at my indi-shop. But then, at the end of last summer I was turning on the AC and heard something clatter. Not very loud, but just loud enough to make your wallet flinch. $5K for that one. Here's to hoping it's your pressure switch.

Be sure to use your AC often, and have it serviced fully every two years, whether it needs it or not. It seems that's the trick to longevity with these compressors.
    2012 Audi R8 V10 - Titanium package - TCU tuned - Kline exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by aquarianuw View Post
    Do you know what's involved with servicing the AC every 2 years?
    Nope. . .except that it's good idea to "freshen" the fluids often because the lubricants break down from the heat. I read it on one of these forums a while back. An ounce of prevention...or a $5K+ cure.

I've recently had a similar problem with mine. The system had lost the gas and when tested a small hole was found in one of the condensers. After discussing it with Ricky, I elected to change them both as they were in a fairly poor condition from road debris hitting them.
    10 V10 Coupe, Ibis, 6MT, Capristo, Carbon Blades, OZ Ultraleggera HLT's, Maxton Splitter.
    Maintained by RE Performance.

Mitsubishi Evo V1 RS450 Extreme

Hidden Content

The condensers are an Audi A6 part so they're not funny money either. On my old car I had all the O rings changed as I saw a bit of evidence of fluorescent dye so it'd had a leak in a past life too.

I wouldn't go forcing any system tests with VCDS until you've done a physical check and found any leaks. At least VCDS should be able to tell you if there's pressure showing in the system.

Quote Originally Posted by GT#298 View Post

I rarely use my A/C. If it wasn't working, I may not know it for a long, long time. I know there have been tons of discussions on root cause analysis here (similar to those on mag ride shocks), but I'm not sure we ever had anything definitive. I've heard heat is a factor potentially more than utilization (too much or too little?). Haha.

The way I look at it, if it breaks, I'll deal with it. I take care not to abuse anything, but unless we can get definitive evidence on a root cause, I feel like we may just start employing superstitious behavior after a while - soon we'll be flipping the vents open and closed 5 times for good luck before driving.
    2015 Audi R8 V10 | S-Tronic | Brilliant Red on Black | Carbon Blades | Carbon Trim | Sport Exhaust | Full Leather | Contrast Stitching | OEM 5-Piece R8 Luggage | Full XPEL Ultimate | Fully Stock | Original Owner

-- Other Vehicles --
    2017 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe
    2012 Audi Q5

Hidden Content

soon we'll be flipping the vents open and closed 5 times for good luck before driving.

You don't do this yet Ez !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Black/Gold 09 V8 Coupe R-Tronic. Black/Gold 05 Race prep'd Yamaha R1.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast