In search of key fob

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Thread: In search of key fob

In search of key fob

So, before I take my lazy azz to the dealer, any suggestions on getting a key? How many should I be in possession of? How much I should expect to pay?
    When I purchased the car, I was provided with only one flip out type key fob. Not sure how many had originally come with the car, but I'd assume at least two regular keys? Maybe a valet? Anyway, I know myself and I'm definitely going to misplace the only key I have and I really don't look forward to being in such a position...

My Fob has 4 Buttons total and is marked: HLO, DE 420 837 220 A, HELLA 315MHz, 5FA009272-35 H2.4/S1.1, FCC ID: NBG009272T, IC: 2694A-009272T, 12S.

Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks all
    Last edited by Ross; 06-13-2019 at 01:38 PM.
    Current:
    2012 Audi R8 GT Spyder #060 Suz Grey Matte
    2013 Ford Fusion Energi
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
    2008 Triuph Rocket III

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: In search of key fob

Down to the dealers you go Ross, 2 flip out keys and a plastic key with mine.
    Black/Gold 09 V8 Coupe R-Tronic. Black/Gold 05 Race prep'd Yamaha R1.

U just need to program new keys to the module I believe u can program up to 6 keys.
    Call dealers and ask there cost.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

My dealer quoted $480 for both key and programming, I found an indie that said they could do it for $450, so not much of a savings

As Dave says, 2 keys and 1 valet.
    2015 Audi R8 V10 | S-Tronic | Brilliant Red on Black | Carbon Blades | Carbon Trim | Sport Exhaust | Full Leather | Contrast Stitching | OEM 5-Piece R8 Luggage | Full XPEL Ultimate | Fully Stock | Original Owner

-- Other Vehicles --
    2017 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe
    2012 Audi Q5

Hidden Content

On another point only a dealer can supply and program the new key, and here you have to prove that you are the owner of the car too.
    Black/Gold 09 V8 Coupe R-Tronic. Black/Gold 05 Race prep'd Yamaha R1.

Unfortunately replacing a lost key is like an insurance company's dream - pay low, recover high. Keys are not cheap in the first place, about $225, But the 'programming' is a joke. You DO need to have ALL the keys you want programmed at the same time, but the procedure is fast and simple. Most dealers will charge a set fee for this as it makes them a few bucks, and that fee is usually an easy keystone or 2 or 3 or more - Audi is NOT unique for this, shoot a friend's daughter just had to pay a freaking Kia dealer more than $150 for the 'programming' of a new key. Stealers just figure if you're dumb or careless enough to loose a key, you should pay well to replace it. The actual time to 'program' keys is about 10 minutes or less ... so at flat $150, that's about $900 an hour - a bad joke.
    - Roger __________________________________________________
    2014 R8 V10 plus 6MT, Daytona/Black-Diamond Stitch
    2015 Q3 2.0 Quattro Prestige S-line, Tundra/Chestnut
    2019 TT RS Glacier White/Black-Red

10. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements