Tire PSI

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tire PSI

Tire PSI

Curious to know at what PSI everyone keeps their tires? Pzero 245/19 (F) and. 305/19 (R)

In reviewing my vehicle history and service records it appears the PSI has been variable at 44/41 (F/R) in the cars early days and 39/36 (F/R) most recent prior owner. I recently had to replace the back rear tires, which is interesting. The fronts were in good shape 7/32”, BUT the rear tires were like 3-4/32”. I live in Sacramento area and it gets quite hot 100+ in the summer. Running on Pzero’s right now. Would setting these at optimum PSI be helpful for the heat and tread wear and, what PSI (F/R) would you all suggest? Thanks for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Tire PSI

Go with the recommended 39/36 and ditch the P Zeros in favour of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.
    2010 R8 V10 Daytona Grey R-tronic
    2011 S5 V8 Quartz Grey Tiptronic, sports differential

I'm just getting my new set dialed in. The stock sticker for the 19"s says 45/41 (F/R), but these 20"s are 255/30 & 345/25. I started with that, but I've come down to 42/40. I may reduce them more, but I kind of want to keep those low-profiles tight.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

I would go with what the sticker on the car says, or what is in the manual.

My standard sticker pressures are 39/36 f/r (I think it's that way round) but I've gone 36 all round at the mo with MPS4S on.

Quote Originally Posted by stug360 View Post
    My standard sticker pressures are 39/36 f/r (I think it's that way round) but I've gone 36 all round at the mo with MPS4S on.
    Same here PS4S and 36 all round
    Black/Gold 09 V8 Coupe R-Tronic. Black/Gold 05 Race prep'd Yamaha R1.

Yep that’s what I wanted to do, BUT purchased the car 3 weeks ago and Fronts were still 7/32” while my Rears needing immediate replacement. My fingers are crossed that the brand new rears will catch up and ALL 4 will need replacement with MP4S.

I guess I had a hard time just scrapping the good fronts, may as well break the car in and burn them to the ground and then upgrade the MP4S.

Anyone here think the just replaced back tires will catch up in tread wear? My fingers and toes are crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by NZV10 View Post
    Go with the recommended 39/36 and ditch the P Zeros in favour of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.

I’m curious as to why you’ve gone 36 all round? Wouldn’t dropping to 36 at the front reduce steering feel and induce understeer?
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    Same here PS4S and 36 all round

I had the same dilemma, so replaced all four at once with PS4S and then sold my fronts second hand online to someone looking for a set for his RS3. That way I got at least some money to put towards the new tyres.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wcclubchamp View Post
    Yep that’s what I wanted to do, BUT purchased the car 3 weeks ago and Fronts were still 7/32” while my Rears needing immediate replacement. My fingers are crossed that the brand new rears will catch up and ALL 4 will need replacement with MP4S.

I guess I had a hard time just scrapping the good fronts, may as well break the car in and burn them to the ground and then upgrade the MP4S.

Anyone here think the just replaced back tires will catch up in tread wear? My fingers and toes are crossed!
    Last edited by NZV10; 06-15-2019 at 12:46 PM.

I have the PS4S on my car now and it's a completely different ride than with the P-zero. I recommend you go for the PS4S all around and not waste your money on the P-zero.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast