Nürburgring

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nürburgring

Nürburgring

I'm thinking of making the pilgrimage over there at the end of July. Well stopping there on the way from the UK to Berlin.

Has anybody been over there? And can they rate the experience etc.. any tips?
    Last edited by Wanderingmind83; 06-20-2019 at 01:36 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Nürburgring

Only on 2 wheels, amazing experience and there are some seriously fast drivers and riders on the track, as a novice... use your mirrors..... A LOT.
    Black/Gold 09 V8 Coupe R-Tronic. Black/Gold 05 Race prep'd Yamaha R1.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    Only on 2 wheels, amazing experience and there are some seriously fast drivers and riders on the track, as a novice... use your mirrors..... A LOT.
    Yeah I have been looking at videos online and it seems like there is potential for serious issues!
    My concern with the R8 is that it's not going to be the fastest car on the track, nor will it be the slowest, so I think it should mean I'll be passing cars / letting cars passed quite a bit. Basically amongst the action.. could be 'interesting' at times I think!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

I've been maybe 12 times, though not in the R8 yet. Hopefully changing that later in the year.

I love it, if I could find a way to live there, I would. It's an amazing circuit, but must be treated with respect.

Read the rules, keep an eye on your mirrors, leave the ego at home.

And.... go for steak in the Pistenklause!
    The voices made me do it

And.... go for steak in the Pistenklause when you've stopped shaking LoL.

I'd love to experience it one day. I've maybe watched one too many "accidents at the ring" videos on YouTube... though I don't think it would keep me from doing it! Must be an amazing experience! Have fun and share some photos.
    2015 Audi R8 V10 | S-Tronic | Brilliant Red on Black | Carbon Blades | Carbon Trim | Sport Exhaust | Full Leather | Contrast Stitching | OEM 5-Piece R8 Luggage | Full XPEL Ultimate | Fully Stock | Original Owner

-- Other Vehicles --
    2017 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe
    2012 Audi Q5

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by ezmaass View Post
    I'd love to experience it one day. I've maybe watched one too many "accidents at the ring" videos on YouTube... though I don't think it would keep me from doing it! Must be an amazing experience! Have fun and share some photos.
    You've probably seen plenty of YouTube videos of "You think you're fast" well at the 'ring you'll see it for real, all the exotics being overtaken by superior drivers/riders using machinery that we would consider rubbish, definitely a place to have your ego destroyed.

In case anyone missed this. 2nd fastest time ever, and tops for an electric. That whine makes me want to stab my ears out though. Also, he doesn’t have near as much torque on the back straight as he does at the beginning of the lap.

Battery doesn’t keep it as consistent as combustion engine I’m guessing. Or tires.
    He could have gone under 6 min had he kept his speed higher on that straight.

But **** that is lightning quick compared to the videos you watch of people driving the Ring.

https://youtu.be/c3w3fVS-SgQ

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDent View Post
    In case anyone missed this. 2nd fastest time ever, and tops for an electric. That whine makes me want to stab my ears out though. Also, he doesn’t have near as much torque on the back straight as he does at the beginning of the lap.

Battery doesn’t keep it as consistent as combustion engine I’m guessing. Or tires.
    He could have gone under 6 min had he kept his speed higher on that straight.

But **** that is lightning quick compared to the videos you watch of people driving the Ring.

https://youtu.be/c3w3fVS-SgQ
    Impressive - but yes, the whine is hideous, and clearly it was limited in the straights... topped at 245 - 250 km/h.
    2015 Audi R8 V10 | S-Tronic | Brilliant Red on Black | Carbon Blades | Carbon Trim | Sport Exhaust | Full Leather | Contrast Stitching | OEM 5-Piece R8 Luggage | Full XPEL Ultimate | Fully Stock | Original Owner

-- Other Vehicles --
    2017 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe
    2012 Audi Q5

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by ezmaass View Post
    Impressive - but yes, the whine is hideous, and clearly it was limited in the straights... topped at 245 - 250 km/h.
    I saw 272 km/h, but it was going downhill.
    For once, I'd welcome a soundaktor.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast