Is there a switched 15 amp fuse behind the seats?

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Thread: Is there a switched 15 amp fuse behind the seats?

Is there a switched 15 amp fuse behind the seats?

Does anyone know if there is a switched empty 15 amp fuse behind the seats in the shelve? I would like to add an USB charging port (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...WM4PJ26Q&psc=1) inside the cubby. Thanks a lot!

I would like to use https://www.amazon.com/10-Pack-Add-c...9313&s=gateway

to get the power from an empty fuse in the rear if possible.
    2012 Audi R8 V10 - Titanium package - TCU tuned - Kline exhaust

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Is there a switched 15 amp fuse behind the seats?

You definitely do an “add a fuse” from the fuse block under the passenger footwell... then just run the wire along the end of the center console to the cubby.. just loosen or remove the screws under the cubby to give you wiggle room!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know you can swap that with the cigarette lighter...

If not I would guess the light in the cubby can be spliced into or if you have a CD player it should have power.

I added a usb by going to the fuse box running it up under the glove box and pulling out the knee pad on the passenger side up to the little shelf above the ac controls. The wire is easily accessible have just enough slack to keep the phone from flying away when I floor it but to be easy to use.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Is there a switched 15 amp fuse behind the seats?-img_1452-1-.jpg

Is there a switched 15 amp fuse behind the seats?-img_1450-1-.jpg

All done! Regarding the cigarette lighter, my exhaust wireless controller is currently using it so I have to keep the cigarette lighter.

I believe by going through the rear fuse box is definitely a lot easier than through the passenger side fuse box.

The second photo shows the bluetooth to aux adapter hooked up so I can stream my spotify music (obviously no steering wheel control except the volume but that's fine with me).

Quote Originally Posted by aquarianuw View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1452(1).jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	305.8 KB 
ID:	237214

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1450(1).jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	301.0 KB 
ID:	237216

All done! Regarding the cigarette lighter, my exhaust wireless controller is currently using it so I have to keep the cigarette lighter.

I believe by going through the rear fuse box is definitely a lot easier than through the passenger side fuse box.

The second photo shows the bluetooth to aux adapter hooked up so I can stream my spotify music (obviously no steering wheel control except the volume but that's fine with me).

Looks good

I put in a new head unit and did away with my CD multi changer, I then put in a cubby box with the USB socket. I picked up my feed and earth from the multi changer wiring loom. Is there a switched 15 amp fuse behind the seats?-20190524_161825_1_1561699349898.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    I put in a new head unit and did away with my CD multi changer, I then put in a cubby box with the USB socket. I picked up my feed and earth from the multi changer wiring loom. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190524_161825_1_1561699349898.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	309.0 KB 
ID:	237218
    Nice. I thought about getting power from different wiring sources but didn't want to splice anything...

Also, is the power source from the CD changer switched? The XM radio is constant on and I believe the CD changer has constant power too...
    Last edited by aquarianuw; 06-28-2019 at 01:10 PM.

10. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements