Engine bay fluid problem loud boom - Page 2

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Engine bay fluid problem loud boom

Re: Engine bay fluid problem loud boom

Mine did 3000kms on an open flatbed when it was delivered - not a pretty sight at all ! but looked good the next day after a bath.
    Black/Gold 09 V8 Coupe R-Tronic. Black/Gold 05 Race prep'd Yamaha R1.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Does anyone have a place to source a new power steering fluid cap mine someone decided to over tighten it with probably pliers and cracked the logo on top that was aluminum. Its still works find just looks bad Noticed it today when I was cleaning all the fluid No luck on ebay ecs tunning etc

Also when you shut the glass hatch does anyone know the rubber part that makes contact with the car when the hatch closes mine is beat up.
    Last edited by VIPR8; 06-28-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    Mine did 3000kms on an open flatbed when it was delivered - not a pretty sight at all ! but looked good the next day after a bath.
    Very nice i bet you could not sleep

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by VIPR8 View Post
    Does anyone have a place to source a new power steering fluid cap mine someone decided to over tighten it with probably pliers and cracked the logo on top that was aluminum. Its still works find just looks bad Noticed it today when I was cleaning all the fluid No luck on ebay ecs tunning etc

Also when you shut the glass hatch does anyone know the rubber part that makes contact with the car when the hatch closes mine is beat up.
    IIRC on so many R8s the PS cap seems to turn too much when closing it, and then it's incredibly difficult to open, something to do with the seal on it failing I think. When closed the cap should look straight in the engine bay if that makes sense, not twisted. It still does the job but looks a little untidy like that and is ****ed stiff to open. Only fix is a brand new cap but they're not as cheap as they should be of course...
    2008 Phantom Black 6MT V8 R8

Had the same trouble. Used two pieces of wood to rotate it off. Discovered if you tighten the cap until it lines up horizontally like the oil cap, there is a slight detent. The seal is tight and it's then easy to remove.

So by the time the tow truck got to the dealer it was 5pm the Dealer called me and said the Tec looked it over and it looks like it was an air conditioning line that blew. He said they are going to go over all the lines and make sure no other lines are bad have to wait till monday as the R8 Tec only works on Mon - Friday. DaveL you where right about AC lol And it makes sense as I turned my AC on about 10 seconds before it blew.

Having a bad day today So far my car is in the shop and then I get news that one of my Favorite Crypto currencys Solarcoin is being delisted from its main exchange. Its funny because Thats where I made profits from a few years back to buy the car in the first place lol

Thanks guys for all the help ill keep you posted when I pick the car up.
    Last edited by VIPR8; 06-28-2019 at 07:17 PM.

Not too bad a result, a line is better than a compressor. Soon be Monday.
    Black/Gold 09 V8 Coupe R-Tronic. Black/Gold 05 Race prep'd Yamaha R1.

Quote Originally Posted by VIPR8 View Post
    Having a bad day today So far my car is in the shop and then I get news that one of my Favorite Crypto currencys Solarcoin is being delisted from its main exchange. Its funny because Thats where I made profits from a few years back to buy the car in the first place lol
    Ha! I'm old school. Sold some Apple stock back in the day to join the club with my first "fancy" car.

We actually have a few miners at work that we cash out once in a while to buy things at work that don't fall under any budget line.
    2014 R8 5.2 Spyder
    Panther Black Crystal

Since you guys are talking about crypto what are thoughts on XRP

Got update from dealer today looks like the AC line blew and then hit my wire connector for the secondary air system and the connector for the intake flap motors.

I wonder if just the connectors can be replaced or does a entire new unit need to be ordered.

Audi pure care he is going to get a hold of tomorrow do you guys think it will be covered since the AC line hit into these wires
    Last edited by VIPR8; 07-02-2019 at 07:58 PM.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast