11-12 v10 Spyder or Coupe - Page 4

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 11-12 v10 Spyder or Coupe

Re: 11-12 v10 Spyder or Coupe

I have a 2011 R8 Spyder
    1. Roof Leaks? No leaks, only occasional water drips under a high pressure washer around the window seals. It would, probably better if you replaced the rubber door seals for a tighter seal. After washing the car, you will noticed water on both passenger & driver windows when opening roof.

2. AC Fail? Had a fail of the heater diverter tap, replaced and reconditioned aircon no issues afterwards.

3. Frame cracks? No issues with mine, I've heard it was rectified after MY10 builds, plus spyder had a reinforced structure for rigidity of chasis.

4. Clutch wear? If you have access to a VCDS cable, you can check the wear index to determine the clutch life.

:: Roof Issue? Failed roof sensor & control unit and the roof was stuck in a half open/closed state had to get it towed to a dealer and repaired out of warranty. So if you've got the fidelity insurance, maybe confirm if they cover the roof mechanism.

Gains: Exhaust sound, open air driving and style.

Losses: Increased road noise, no back seat parcel shelf, no room for a subwoofer, No glass engine bay, maintenance harder to get to for mechanics, less aftermarket parts compared to coupe, heavier and slower than coupe.
    Last edited by knightsabers; 08-18-2019 at 01:41 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Vapourit View Post
    201x v10 6MT Spyder is the perfect car. Do exhuast and VF tune if you wish. Actually, if it could fit 2 sets of golf clubs in would be God on wheels. Btw, I highly recommend Daytona Grey and brown or red interior too.

When I pull into the lot at my course I get a big smile on my face, for 100k I have a car that sounds like a Lambo, is beautiful like a F430 and faster than a mclaren. (maybe not that last one) 🙂
    Quote Originally Posted by knightsabers View Post
    I have a 2011 R8 Spyder
    1. Roof Leaks? No leaks, only occasional water drips under a high pressure washer around the window seals. It would, probably better if you replaced the rubber door seals for a tighter seal. After washing the car, you will noticed water on both passenger & driver windows when opening roof.

2. AC Fail? Had a fail of the heater diverter tap, replaced and reconditioned aircon no issues afterwards.

3. Frame cracks? No issues with mine, I've heard it was rectified after MY10 builds, plus spyder had a reinforced structure for rigidity of chasis.

4. Clutch wear? If you have access to a VCDS cable, you can check the wear index to determine the clutch life.

:: Roof Issue? Failed roof sensor & control unit and the roof was stuck in a half open/closed state had to get it towed to a dealer and repaired out of warranty. So if you've got the fidelity insurance, maybe confirm if they cover the roof mechanism.

Gains: Exhaust sound, open air driving and style.

Losses: Increased road noise, no back seat parcel shelf, no room for a subwoofer, No glass engine bay, maintenance harder to get to for mechanics, less aftermarket parts compared to coupe, heavier and slower than coupe.
    Excellent info. Thank you! I having watching prices and cant wait to pull the trigger in the spring!

4. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234