Fidelity warranty for a 2008 V8

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fidelity warranty for a 2008 V8

Fidelity warranty for a 2008 V8

While I am waiting on my 08 R8 to be delivered, I am trying to figure out how I can get an extended warranty (fidelity warranty preferably) on her.
    I was told by Audi dealer that the car is too old for a warranty and I need to purchase the car with them before they can sell a warranty.
    Does anyone knows how I can obtain the fidelity warranty for my 08 R8?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Tal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Fidelity warranty for a 2008 V8

Shop around and call Audi dealerships around the country and see if any of them will sell you a fidelity warranty on the R8. You don't have to get a warranty with the dealership you bought it with or even in your own state.

Extrablack,
    Thank you for the information. I will have to make some call this weekend and see what I can find out. If anyone know of an audi dealership that sells the Fidelity Warranty, please share their info.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

I'd probably just call around. I wouldn't be surprised if an '08 is now too old for a warranty. It's an 11 - 12 year old car now. I know the Audi Pure Protection only went for 10 years. I think they now extended it to 12 from original in-service date. I'd call a few dealers to see what you're told. There may be some other, more specialty, providers that can help. But honestly, at that point, you might as well go the self-insurance route.

These warranties have historically been good deals - $2,500 - $5,000 for 3 - 6 additional years of coverage (beyond the factory warranty). However, MANY members are now reporting pretty pricey quotes. I've gotten several PMs on the subject from people shopping for them in the past 6 months, and several have now been getting 5-figure quotes for the longer warranties. You'll need to shop around. Perhaps someone who recently purchased an '08 or '09 and got a warranty can comment.
    2015 Audi R8 V10 | S-Tronic | Brilliant Red on Black | Carbon Blades | Carbon Trim | Sport Exhaust | Full Leather | Contrast Stitching | OEM 5-Piece R8 Luggage | Full XPEL Ultimate | Fully Stock | Original Owner

-- Other Vehicles --
    2017 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe
    2012 Audi Q5

Hidden Content

ezmaass,
    That is what I have been told by the dealers that I have called around in the PHX area. I will call a few more (CA/NY/FL) and see what they tell me.

Have you called Fidelity themselves? I bought my 2009 in 2016 with 26k miles on it and got a 4 yr warranty until 2020 and 86k miles. I paid like $3800 for it. It has already paid for itself too.

ajsherrill,
    Do you have their number since I was not able to get it off their web site.

Im from Canada - I have the Audi Mechanical Aftercare Protection for a 09. It was purchased from Audi (whom the car was also purchased from and also where the inspection was performed). I have had the car for about 6 months and prior to my purchase - I really had to research to see which car was and wasnt eligible. Ive also noticed that Canadian Audi Protection plans have different names from American names.

Most of my information was given to me by Audi (18773340222). Pretty much they need the VIN, year and mileage. And they told me about each car if it was and wasnt covered. Only info I was given was that the car needs to be atleast 10 years and less of age and needed to pass inspection from Audi.

Quote Originally Posted by tmargalit View Post
    ajsherrill,
    Do you have their number since I was not able to get it off their web site.
    1-800-327-6172. It is the Platinum with the $250 deductible. Good luck..

AJ

AJ,
    I tried calling the number you listed and it is disconnected and or not in service.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast