CD player trim rattle 2009 Audi R8

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Thread: CD player trim rattle 2009 Audi R8

CD player trim rattle 2009 Audi R8

Anyone experience rattling issues coming from the CD player panel trim (located behind the driver's and passngers seat). I know it's coming from there because when I put my hand on it, the rattle will immediately stop.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: CD player trim rattle 2009 Audi R8

Yes, comes and goes. Almost forgot about till now!

Mine is pretty consistent on almost every drive, pretty annoying

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Guys come on
    This has got to be the easiest thing out there to fix

1) confirm troubleshoot by removing the trim. It literally pulls off - a clip on each side halfway up the side, doesn't even need a tool just pulls right off. Drive around & confirm rattle gone

if so

2) remove rear bench, wrap the cd drive in a little cloth tesa tape so the trim piece rests on that

Job jobbed

I thought a rattle was the trim as well. Tore everything apart, checked the electronic units after removing the rear shelf... no change. Then driving along, needed a stretch and happened to reach up and pressed against the headliner. Noise stopped. I used a small rubber pad between the rear edge of the headliner and the rear window. Noise gone and the pad cannot be seen. Apparently, cabin acoustics are such that the sound seemed lower down near the CD.

8. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements