Opinion - Page 4

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Opinion

I think our cars look way better , more aggressive with rear spoiler. Looks kind of bland / naked without one . I'm a big fan of the factory CF plus wing , it's a perfect height and design
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Opinion-screenshot_20190717-132032_gallery_1563384073469.jpg  
    Last edited by MB17V10+; 07-17-2019 at 10:21 AM.
    2017 Mexico Blue R8 V10 plus -10.64 @ 132mph stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    AJ, it's a JSK Racing GT style carbon fibre diffuser.

Attachment 237850
    Very nice....Looks good..

Quote Originally Posted by ajsherrill View Post
    Very nice....Looks good..
    Thanks, and it was a perfect fit too.
    Black/Gold 09 V8 Coupe R-Tronic. Black/Gold 05 Race prep'd Yamaha R1.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Wing or not to-Wing...

Honestly, it's one of those things that's going to be highly personal. From a pure functional standpoint, anyone taking the car regularly to the track, especially if they're doing anything competitively with it, should be prioritizing safety and performance. In those cases, I think "Wing" becomes the answer pretty quickly... assuming it's actually properly designed and setup to provide performance benefits.

Now, on the aesthetics side, it's clearly very subjective. I'm in the camp of clean, simple lines. So, I've never been lured to add additional aero parts to any car. In fact, I prefer the clean, simpler design of the V8 sideblade and side skirts over the V10's more busy designs. I can go into all the reasons why, but they're just personal preferences at the end of the day. Some design language speaks to some but not others - it's really that simple. At the end of the day, it also keeps the world interesting!
    2015 Audi R8 V10 | S-Tronic | Brilliant Red on Black | Carbon Blades | Carbon Trim | Sport Exhaust | Full Leather | Contrast Stitching | OEM 5-Piece R8 Luggage | Full XPEL Ultimate | Fully Stock | Original Owner

-- Other Vehicles --
    2017 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe
    2012 Audi Q5

Hidden Content

I purchased one but ended up not installing it. I felt it didn’t match the lines of the car
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Opinion-bd1860f3-9e11-4624-a240-a1745aa7df9d_1563472188835.jpg  

Pardon my ignorance, but does the car have downforce/high speed stability issues?

Quote Originally Posted by jkoravos View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but does the car have downforce/high speed stability issues?
    In a simple answer, NO.
    Black/Gold 09 V8 Coupe R-Tronic. Black/Gold 05 Race prep'd Yamaha R1.

Quote Originally Posted by jkoravos View Post
    No, there's not an issue - it just comes down to whether someone is looking for increased downforce that's going to benefit the car's grip around corners, for example.

On the flip side, however, I DO believe the R8 would be unstable without some form of additional downforce - either the retractable spoiler or a fixed wing. The manual essentially warns not to exceed 87mph (seems very specific!) if the rear spoiler has malfunctioned and won't deploy. Perhaps they're overly sensitive given the deaths that occurred with the Mark-1 TT - I believe a spoiler was added as part of the "fix" there.
    2015 Audi R8 V10 | S-Tronic | Brilliant Red on Black | Carbon Blades | Carbon Trim | Sport Exhaust | Full Leather | Contrast Stitching | OEM 5-Piece R8 Luggage | Full XPEL Ultimate | Fully Stock | Original Owner

-- Other Vehicles --
    2017 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe
    2012 Audi Q5

Hidden Content

prefer the gt3 lms style wing

12. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234