Sudden AC Issue - Concerned About What This Will End Up Being and The Cost - Page 2

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sudden AC Issue - Concerned About What This Will End Up Being and The Cost

Re: Sudden AC Issue - Concerned About What This Will End Up Being and The Cost

Quote Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
    Thanks to everyone. I have an appointment set up at the Audi Dealer for next week (soonest they had). I'll report back. I'm praying it is not something similar to what yellowpad expereinced. I know the warranty will not cover that. With my major recent outlays for the R8, that would seriously hurt my finances.

JC
    Quote Originally Posted by Wcclubchamp View Post
    Cost of AC compressor removal and replacement below. Just had mine done today covered under Fidelity for a $250 deductible. phew!!!!
    $2,400... $7,152... no great choices here. Let us know what you find out.

On a side note, though - the $7k+ seems a bit steep for the A/C compressor fix?
    2015 Audi R8 V10 | S-Tronic | Brilliant Red on Black | Carbon Blades | Carbon Trim | Sport Exhaust | Full Leather | Contrast Stitching | OEM 5-Piece R8 Luggage | Full XPEL Ultimate | Fully Stock | Original Owner

-- Other Vehicles --
    2017 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe
    2012 Audi Q5

Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ezmaass View Post
    the $7k+ seems a bit steep for the A/C compressor fix?
    That's stealership prices! I got mine done, OTD, for $5K, including a service, since they have to remove the oil anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wcclubchamp View Post
    Cost of AC compressor removal and replacement below. Just had mine done today covered under Fidelity for a $250 deductible. phew!!!!
    Yes, Fidelity is money well spent. Very glad I bought a six year warranty from them back in April. Just for things like this.

JC

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Well, I got a call from the dealership this afternoon. They say the problem is a "pressure switch"? They called it in to Fidelity to get approval for payment, said they will have an answer by Monday morning. I would certainly think this would be covered?

On another note, they also said that my power steering fluid needs to be changed, and that the fuel system should be cleaned given that the car is a 2009, and has only been driven 18k. These two things add up to about $400.00, so, in the interest of keeping this vehicle in optimum condition, as it is otherwise perfect, I approved the work. So, okay, I should be able to trust them. This has always been the most trustworthy and reliable Audi dealer in the entire area. However, they also said that my brake fluid needed to be changed. Interesting given that THEY replaced it a year ago when I brought the car in after purchasing it and driving it back form Florida. Now I am wondering about the other two things they "claim" need to be fixed?

JC

Yep, glad to have the Fidelity. Nice little $250 deductible. Pretty labor intensive in the V8, given the engine removal. I have heard they have found ways to do the AC compressor w/o removal, but i know they did remove it. Spoke to one of the tech’s after. I am happy to have ice cold AC again tho AND to have only dropped $250. 6 years left on the warranty glad it happened only 5 weeks after buying the car too! Fresh new compressor!

Quote Originally Posted by GT#298 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ezmaass View Post
    the $7k+ seems a bit steep for the A/C compressor fix?
    That's stealership prices! I got mine done, OTD, for $5K, including a service, since they have to remove the oil anyway.

I talked to a friend of mine today, a nearly forty year top automotive engineer. He said to tell them to scratch the power steering fluid change, as hes never seen that change required in even twenty year old vehicles.

JC

9. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12