R8 v8 twin turbo value?!

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Thread: R8 v8 twin turbo value?!

Question R8 v8 twin turbo value?!

Hello Guys,

I have a question regarding how a twin turbo setup would effect the re-sale value of a V8 R8? Currently the UK price for a totally standard early V8 is about 35k but the UK is massively different compared to the states when it comes to tuning certain cars and almost always de-values cars. But this is a different kettle of fish and i wonder does anyone have any knowledge/ experience with this situation or opinions really on the matter?!

Personally i see the value and would pay more for a well setup V8 TT R8 but what do people think?

Many thanks in advance

Matt

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: R8 v8 twin turbo value?!

From the average buyer's perspective it would be worth less, but for that one buyer who wants more, the value is likely to be greater. The only problem is finding that 'one buyer' when you are wanting to sell.
    10 V10 Coupe, Ibis, 6MT, Capristo, Carbon Blades, OZ Ultraleggera HLT's, Maxton Splitter.
    Maintained by RE Performance.

Mitsubishi Evo V1 RS450 Extreme

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Trev450 View Post
    From the average buyer's perspective it would be worth less, but for that one buyer who wants more, the value is likely to be greater. The only problem is finding that 'one buyer' when you are wanting to sell.
    you are right on the money mate! even one done to a super high level quality/power wise i think the resale market is limited right down. I guess its all about not being in a rush to sell and hopefully someone comes along if i ever decided to sell up! thanks for the reply mate

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

I think it doubles the value of the car!

...sorry, did I say think... I mean I *wished* it doubled the value!

In all seriousness, it's clearly a very niche market, so it would definitely pay to not be in a hurry, if/when the time comes.

That said, I've had offers for mine from people that haven't even seen it in the flesh yet, so there is interest out there (albeit untested if they really have the money, and willingness to part with it, to back up said interest)...

Recent low mile 2009 supercharged 4.2 went for $79k here. Definitely didn't lower the value. Didn't seem to raise it much either, though.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2009-audi-r8-6/

If you want to mess about with the car and change it from stock with a view to sell later do so at your peril, if you intend to keep it the world of modifications is your oyster.
    Black/Gold 09 V8 Coupe R-Tronic. Black/Gold 05 Race prep'd Yamaha R1.

Agreed, if you want the best resale value later, keep it stock and keep lots of maintenance records.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    If you want to mess about with the car and change it from stock with a view to sell later do so at your peril, if you intend to keep it the world of modifications is your oyster.
    i think you are totally right mate and thats the stance ive always taken just with the R8 were talking much bigger values and potential losses lol

Quote Originally Posted by TechNick View Post
    I think it doubles the value of the car!

...sorry, did I say think... I mean I *wished* it doubled the value!

In all seriousness, it's clearly a very niche market, so it would definitely pay to not be in a hurry, if/when the time comes.

That said, I've had offers for mine from people that haven't even seen it in the flesh yet, so there is interest out there (albeit untested if they really have the money, and willingness to part with it, to back up said interest)...
    haha i have to agree with you mate, easily double it right? I just dont want to value to fall through the floor but at the end of the day i am very seduced by the idea of twins pushing me up the road lol

12. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements