Audi R8 Forums banner

R8 v8 twin turbo value?!

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  MADMATT_RS 
#1 ·
Hello Guys,

I have a question regarding how a twin turbo setup would effect the re-sale value of a V8 R8? Currently the UK price for a totally standard early V8 is about 35k but the UK is massively different compared to the states when it comes to tuning certain cars and almost always de-values cars. But this is a different kettle of fish and i wonder does anyone have any knowledge/ experience with this situation or opinions really on the matter?!

Personally i see the value and would pay more for a well setup V8 TT R8 but what do people think?

Many thanks in advance

Matt

#2 ·
From the average buyer's perspective it would be worth less, but for that one buyer who wants more, the value is likely to be greater. The only problem is finding that 'one buyer' when you are wanting to sell.

#3 ·
you are right on the money mate! even one done to a super high level quality/power wise i think the resale market is limited right down. I guess its all about not being in a rush to sell and hopefully someone comes along if i ever decided to sell up! thanks for the reply mate

#4 ·
I think it doubles the value of the car!

...sorry, did I say think... I mean I *wished* it doubled the value! [emoji23]

In all seriousness, it's clearly a very niche market, so it would definitely pay to not be in a hurry, if/when the time comes.

That said, I've had offers for mine from people that haven't even seen it in the flesh yet, so there is interest out there (albeit untested if they really have the money, and willingness to part with it, to back up said interest)...

#6 ·
If you want to mess about with the car and change it from stock with a view to sell later do so at your peril, if you intend to keep it the world of modifications is your oyster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.