Ceramic Brakes in Vag-com - Page 2

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ceramic Brakes in Vag-com

Re: Ceramic Brakes in Vag-com

You need to bed the pads in properly if they are new which is different to that of steel brakes before you go all out on them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by classba View Post
    You need to bed the pads in properly if they are new which is different to that of steel brakes before you go all out on them.
    Very true David and sooooooo boring too.
    Black/Gold 09 V8 Coupe R-Tronic. Black/Gold 05 Race prep'd Yamaha R1.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    Very true David and sooooooo boring too.
    Not really Dave
    When I retro fitted Ceramics to my old C6 RS6, I just went up the motorway at night and did about 7-8 repeated full on emergency stops from 100-10 and that was it

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Not really Dave
    When I retro fitted Ceramics to my old C6 RS6, I just went up the motorway at night and did about 7-8 repeated full on emergency stops from 100-10 and that was it
    I had to drive for over 50km to find a stretch of road without cameras and I definitely wouldn't drive outside of the seafront districts at night !!!!!!!!!

And it's a pity you don't still have the RS6, I could sell you an OEM RS6 wristwatch LoL.
    Last edited by DaveL; 07-16-2019 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    I had to drive for over 50km to find a stretch of road without cameras and I definitely wouldn't drive outside of the seafront districts at night !!!!!!!!!

And it's a pity you don't still have the RS6, I could sell you an OEM RS6 wristwatch LoL.
    Yes Dave, I miss her... it was a project that I took on and the 1st to achieve 900p+s/ 1200nm+ safely. That car was mind bending fast

Just went to pickup car and having issues. The config isn't saving. I have esc light, ABS light, and brake light on. They are wondering if it is conflicting with any changes made during the VF code changes. I don't see how that would be an issue, but they are checking with VF.
    2014 v10, S-Tronic, Phantom Black Pearl, GMG Racing CF Wing,
    PedalBox, Tubi Rumore Exhaust, VF750 SC
    2014 Audi Q5 TDI

Previous:
    2005 Dodge Viper, SC
    1969 Pro Street Camaro BB 572ci
    1969 Alky Injected Camaro Race Car BB 522ci
    1971 Z28 original

Yes Dave, I miss her... it was a project that I took on and the 1st to achieve 900p+s/ 1200nm+ safely. That car was mind bending fast
    My RS6 was bulletproofed so it weighed quite a bit more, but it was still fast after being modded.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieNJ View Post
    Just went to pickup car and having issues. The config isn't saving. I have esc light, ABS light, and brake light on. They are wondering if it is conflicting with any changes made during the VF code changes. I don't see how that would be an issue, but they are checking with VF.
    Did you disconnect the battery?. If so try clearing all the codes out to see if they reappear after you go for a slow short drive. If that fails, I would contact Ross tech for the coding etc.

Classba, it's always good advice to restart things. Prior to resetting, the ABS module kept insisting it was bad. So, after messing around for an hour or two, I asked the Tech to Hard Boot everything, we removed the battery cables, left it off for a few mins. Once we reconnected and went through some more code clearing, the errors went away. We drove the car and all was quiet. I drove it home and it seemed fine. I am cautiously optimistic and will take it out again to make sure it's happy. So, thank you for the advice.

There are a couple of corrections that I would like to post for the coding in Vag-Com. It ends up that the correct code for my car, V10, Automatic, Mag Ride with Ceramics is 16659. Steel Brakes would be 16652.

The Airbag code is simply 2 for Ceramics. The code for Steel is simply 1.

The other numbers that were provided were out of range and did not work. Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions. Next, I have to bed the brakes. I need some open road, may take a few days to get to it.
    2014 v10, S-Tronic, Phantom Black Pearl, GMG Racing CF Wing,
    PedalBox, Tubi Rumore Exhaust, VF750 SC
    2014 Audi Q5 TDI

Previous:
    2005 Dodge Viper, SC
    1969 Pro Street Camaro BB 572ci
    1969 Alky Injected Camaro Race Car BB 522ci
    1971 Z28 original

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieNJ View Post
    Classba, it's always good advice to restart things. Prior to resetting, the ABS module kept insisting it was bad. So, after messing around for an hour or two, I asked the Tech to Hard Boot everything, we removed the battery cables, left it off for a few mins. Once we reconnected and went through some more code clearing, the errors went away. We drove the car and all was quiet. I drove it home and it seemed fine. I am cautiously optimistic and will take it out again to make sure it's happy. So, thank you for the advice.

There are a couple of corrections that I would like to post for the coding in Vag-Com. It ends up that the correct code for my car, V10, Automatic, Mag Ride with Ceramics is 16659. Steel Brakes would be 16652.

The Airbag code is simply 2 for Ceramics. The code for Steel is simply 1.

The other numbers that were provided were out of range and did not work. Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions. Next, I have to bed the brakes. I need some open road, may take a few days to get to it.
    So glad you got it sorted. I hope you have changed your brake lines to braided ones and used better brake fluid

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast