R8 v8 vs TTs - Page 2

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R8 v8 vs TTs

Re: R8 v8 vs TTs

Think this video also shows someone not able to do quick gear shifts in a manual R8 unfortunately... As for looks, presence and kudos there's only one winner. It's surprising just how bland that brand new TT looks...
    Ex-2008 Phantom Black 6MT V8 R8, now a Volvo Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

No matter how much horsepower you have and how fast is the car from 0-60 or 40-100, it will never be enough. I remember when I had my MKIV Supra and got it to 500WHP and drove it for the first time. I was so giddy that I could not wipe the smile of my face.
    That feeling lasted about 1 day and I already wanted more. It was the same when I moved to 600WHP and also when it was about 850WHP. After that, the car was not a daily driver and was not that much fun.
    The one thing I regret is selling it since I wanted something faster and better (and I kick myself for doing so until this day) so ended up with a few other cars that I never liked.
    I ended up getting an 08 R8 V8 and loving it every second. Not the fastest car, but man, she is pretty to look at and I do not think I am going to sell her. Not going to do the same mistake I did with my Supra.

Couldn't agree more. HP is addictive. My 2011 V10 Spyder is plenty fast but I frequently find myself thinking about at an ECU tune and/or Supercharger. I think the biggest issue with R8 is it's so refined that 525 HP doesn't have the ability to really scare you. Anyway, then I just take my Supra (single with ~600 HP) out, turn off the traction control and it definitely gets the adrenalin flowing. The R8 is a nicer car to drive (17 years newer and much higher $$), but if you want an adrenalin rush even at street legal speeds the Supra is the ticket.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tmargalit View Post
    No matter how much horsepower you have and how fast is the car from 0-60 or 40-100, it will never be enough. ....
    Everyone's got their own thing that gets them buzzing I guess. Some people want a car that destroys others in a sprint / straight line, this is what they like to do. Some people perhaps just like the idea of ludicrous power under the hood but never take it to its max. Personally I want a car that has decent power, but it's all about how the vehicle and chassis handles the power it has. I want a car that I can take through fast, winding A and B roads with precision maintaining 80-100 mph for extended periods.... with no other cars around... this is my drug of choice and why the V8 R8 is perfect for what I enjoy doing the most.
    V8 | Stage 1 Remap | Daytona Grey Body & Blades | Manual 6 | Valved Capristo Exhaust | Extended Leather | B&O
    Bristol UK

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderD View Post
    Couldn't agree more. HP is addictive. My 2011 V10 Spyder is plenty fast but I frequently find myself thinking about at an ECU tune and/or Supercharger. I think the biggest issue with R8 is it's so refined that 525 HP doesn't have the ability to really scare you. Anyway, then I just take my Supra (single with ~600 HP) out, turn off the traction control and it definitely gets the adrenalin flowing. The R8 is a nicer car to drive (17 years newer and much higher $$), but if you want an adrenalin rush even at street legal speeds the Supra is the ticket.

I started with the ECU/TCU tune and it wasn't but a couple of months until I went the supercharger route. VF does a good job of maintaining the drive-ability of it. On a normal cruise you wouldn't notice it much but man when you put your foot all the way down does it show its power. From a dead stop being able to spin the wheels is guaranteed to put a big sh*t eating grin on your face. Also works with women who are afraid of people driving fast. Takes about a second for them to grab your arm. I highly suggest the supercharger!

I think much more power after that makes it less fun to drive on the street.

8. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12