Does your R8 attract women? - Page 6

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Does your R8 attract women?

Re: Does your R8 attract women?

The car attracted my wife so much that she bought one! However, when driving it, it is just the dudes that give it the attention and the kids with fart cans trying to race with their 200hp civics. As the other guys say, you still need game.
    Railside Performance

R8 V10 Manual, Carbon Sigma
    E92 BMW M3 Manual
    Ducati Streetfighter 1098
    Ducati Monster 796
    Ducati Bronco 1964

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

I've been driving exotic cars for some years. The first being a 77 Aston Martin V8, that many mistook for a Ford Maverick! Then it was a ' 73 Dino 246, that many thought was a Kelmark GT, '76 Ferrari 512 BB that most thought was a Magnum PI, Ferrari 308, '78 Maserati Khamsin, that no one knew what the hell it was, '69 Lamborghini Espada and finally a '66 Ford GT 40. Nothing came close to the attention of the GT 40, I mean nothing!

I always appreciated it when people spoke to me about the cars regardless of their knowledge of any of my cars. One person did give me a new perspective though, that being, he pointed out he appreciated the fact I drove the car so others, like him, could see the car in the flesh and on the road. He reminded me WE get a huge amount of joy from driving our cars but others, lets say, that are less fortunate, get to see our cars which is quiet a thrill for many.

As for the women part of the question and does the R8 attract them, in a word, no. This hasn't been my experience. The Khamsin was the only one of my cars that helped me meet a woman. She told me she waited outside the club I was in for an hour just to see who drove the car. I took her for a ride which she loved. We did date after that too. Nice girl with an equally exotic look.

Nothing too crazy in the gen2 r8, a little more craze in huracan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

I catch women looking at the R8 when I drive past but haven't encountered any that came up to me. A few smiled while driving beside me, including one telling me to rev the engine at the red light once.

Other than that, it's mostly guys who check out the car, or kids.
    2010 Audi R8 V10 6MT | Ibis White

Honestly, my wife could give 2 ****s about my car. She hates driving, and hates riding in it even more. It’s too jerky for her. And she doesn’t see the value in it, or in any mods I do, because it’s all frivolous in her mind. I think she’s riden in it once because I’ve made her when I first bought it.

Daughters have both had one ride each and that’s enough for them. They don’t care about it either.

A friend of ours (girl) was drooling over it last time she was over. Loved all the carbon fiber and wanted a ride sometime. So that’s something.

Guys, women love red, and when you're driving a RED R8, they're all over you!
    Hidden Content
    Audi R8 V10 S-Tronic - Brilliant Red - Fire Red PPF -
    SprintBooster - Clearplex - Android AV - Michelin PS4S

Quote Originally Posted by HowieR888 View Post
    Guys, women love red, and when you're driving a RED R8, they're all over you!
    They will be 'scarlet' women in that case.
    10 V10 Coupe, Ibis, 6MT, Capristo, Carbon Blades, OZ Ultraleggera HLT's, Maxton Splitter.
    Maintained by RE Performance.

Mitsubishi Evo V1 RS450 Extreme

Hidden Content

My R8 is a weekend drive only, but I did bring it into work one day which has a private car park. I happened to get a park right next to the security entrance and later on that morning one of the ladies came up to me and asked if it was my car and she said 'that car is such a chick magnet!'. Found out that she likes sports cars and wants to own a 911 Porsche one day.

Ill say it once and I'll say it again. If a Pedophile wants to step up his game, this is the perfect car for that. At least for a few more years.

Yes and no. More than women than my GTR. My GTR attracted all dudes and young kids..... But I can never look because most of the time the wifes in the car with me. Ha
    18’ Raptor SCREW
    12’ R8 V10

Previous-
    11’ GTR FBO &E85
    09 Lexus ISF
    08 E90 M3
    06 Charger SRT8

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast