Cv10 agy - Page 2

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cv10 agy

Re: Cv10 agy

Is it a manual? I know of a red Gen 1 R8 V10 manual car which ended up for sale at Castle Motors under rather dubious circumstances...

https://pescarafraud.blogspot.com/
    2011 Audi R8 GT coupe // Metallic Ice // #82 of 333

Fuel expenditure £1,835.63 // 1,289.47 litres

5,738 miles driven since collection day 06/04/2019

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Yeah it's a manual, is this the car in the article??
    Last edited by Robster; 09-11-2019 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Error

There was a red R8 originally for sale at Pescara Cars in West Sussex on SOR basis back in June 2018. Pescara Cars suddenly folded without warning and the R8 along with loads of other high end cars disappeared without a trace. Loads of people including the R8 owner lost their cars and money in the fraud.

A few months later, the red R8 turned up for sale at Castle Motors and it transpired that Pescara Cars sold the red R8 to them on the cheap. The R8 owner found out and alerted the police having reported his car stolen. I understand the police went to visit Castle Motors about the car but decided it was a civil matter. It’s been almost a year since that happened and I don’t know what has happened since. I believe that article was written by the R8 owner.

Not sure if you’re buying the exact same car that was involved? Maybe this car is actually a different R8 but definitely do your due diligence on the car and triple check everything before buying the car.
    2011 Audi R8 GT coupe // Metallic Ice // #82 of 333

Fuel expenditure £1,835.63 // 1,289.47 litres

5,738 miles driven since collection day 06/04/2019

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Cheers jon, its had a few plate changes according to the history so will run cazana checks on those. If reported stolen it should flag on there

I came close to purchasing an R8 at Castle Motors before I bought my current car, but walked away in the end. I just didn't have a good feeling about them and their warranty was in house only (Don't know if that's the case now). When I was checking, there was some negative reviews online regarding how they handled warranty claims.

Its blatantly the same car

I found the original advert for the car...

Pescara International Limited liquidated, phoenix'd and then became Pro-Care UK https://www.procare-uk.com (a detailing company) (Exact same logo too). Same Davis family running it too - except his wife has taken over from Ollie.

Looks like they used the same website to make Pro-Care as it has buried a car sales section still up....

https://procare-uk.com/car-sales/Aud...-V10/13027.htm. (Note: 13,500 miles)

Even though Castle Motors have removed the advertisement for CV10AGY - their cached listing for it is still available on Car and Classic...

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&client=safari

(Interesting to note, the listing says 'Under 14k Miles')

Same exact model - same everything except the V10 badge....

"Just one more thing"

Probably came off when with the 'PPF Paint protection film' stated in listing

BOOM!
    Last edited by midshipman; 09-11-2019 at 11:48 PM.

Good Work. If it is the same car, would the HPI check have a marker on it? I suspect that it may not because it is a civil matter.
    I suppose the buyer of the car (Potentially the OP here) wouldn't have any comeback, due to him buying from a dealer.

HPI has come back clear. Not stolen and no finance on all the plates its had. If he reported it stolen to the police surely would come up on a check.

Quote Originally Posted by Robster View Post
    HPI has come back clear. Not stolen and no finance on all the plates its had. If he reported it stolen to the police surely would come up on a check.
    If the police are stating that it is a civil matter, then I suppose it wouldn't be classed as stolen by the Police.
    I have heard about a few companies who have done this type of thing with the SOR,very sad situation for the original owner.

Have you mentioned the above to Castle? Be interesting to hear what they say if it is the same car.

OP - did you notice on your MOT check - CU10 AGY has only done 51 mile in over 12 months between its 2018-2019 MOT?

What did Castle Motors say about that?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cv10 agy-5256ad12-1e81-4b5c-a3e2-41d719100136_1568300716011.jpeg  

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast