Anyone else have any order problems with Germanrush?

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Thread: Anyone else have any order problems with Germanrush?

Anyone else have any order problems with Germanrush?

So I ordered and paid for a pair of CF door handles from German Rush (Vertical Doors Inc) back in June. I spoke to the owner Louie who seemed like a nice guy and he tells me no problem I should have my order within a couple of weeks. We text back and forth a few times and talk about other items he says he is developing. July 15th he texts me that I should have a tracking number on my order as well as photos he'd been telling me he was going to send on the sideblades for the gen 1 spyder that he is developing. Needless to say days go by and nothing. I reach out to him Aug 1 and inquire. He texts me Aug 2 saying he went on vaca and needs to make sure they are matte like I ordered and will have my tracking number tomorrow (sound familiar?) AGAIN, nothing, no word no tracking number..... Aug 14th I reach out to him a final time stating, at this point, I just want him to refund my monies as it had been so long, and my item obviously wasn't going to be delivered. NOTHING, no response, no refund, notta..... I had to file a claim with paypal to get my money back. (And yes, I have all correspondence between us if he tries to deny this happened) BUYER BEWARE
    Current:
    2012 Audi R8 GT Spyder #060 Suz Grey Matte
    2013 Ford Fusion Energi
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
    2008 Triuph Rocket III

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Anyone else have any order problems with Germanrush?

For what it's worth, I have several Germanrush carbon fiber pieces (sideblades, front lip, sideskirts) and I received all of them quickly and the communication was always timely. Every single one of the pieces, however, had quality issues with either the fitment or the construction. I don't ding them too much though since they were cheap(er) and you shouldn't expect perfection from aftermarket carbon fiber replacement pieces.

Senior Member three_dead_trolls's Avatar

that blows. sorry. i ordered my engine bay carbon fiber cover from German Rush and had no issues whatsoever.
    2011 R8 V8 Nightmare Black | Manual Transmission | Carbon fiber front lip | Carbon fiber interior, engine bay & blades | Carbon fiber Rear Engine vents | Carbon Fiber side canards | Carbon fiber Front and Rear Bumper Fins | Blacked-out Rims, Side markers, taillights | Custom Engine Bay lighting | Customized Metal-Forged shifter | Modesta Ceramic Coating | R8 Door Projector lights | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires | Tubi Exhaust

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Louie is a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by R8-Stuff View Post
    Louie is a good guy.
    Osman, we had some really good conversations and I had no problem with him as he seemed quite genuine. But to leave me hanging all that time and not receive my order after telling me it would be on its way twice and not give any sort of response in the end after all that time....... Had he communicated there was a problem I would have had no issues. I realize that production problems sometimes occur, but it's good business practice to communicate with your customer. Especially after the item was paid for and months go by.
    After filling with paypal for my refund as he was not responding he did send the refund through paypal. Yet still no apology or reasoning for what happened. That's my only issue with him at this point. (And to be fair when I asked him for my refund back on Aug 14th I did say I would be posting on R8talk about the transaction and still heard nothing from him. I waited till Sept 11th, 3 more weeks before I did post hoping he would reply and or refund me so that it wouldn't come to this. I truly believe I was quite reasonable and waited patiently. The last thing I wanted to do was this, but I also shouldn't have to lose my money for an order that obviously wasn't coming. I really wanted the item and hoped for a amicable resolution)
    Last edited by Ross; 09-12-2019 at 07:10 AM.
    Current:
    2012 Audi R8 GT Spyder #060 Suz Grey Matte
    2013 Ford Fusion Energi
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
    2008 Triuph Rocket III

8. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements