Purchasing R8 - Need your help @30k miles

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Thread: Purchasing R8 - Need your help @30k miles

Question Purchasing R8 - Need your help @30k miles

Hey R8 family, need your help.

I'm looking around at 14'-15' R8 V10 and I wanted to know the main things I should check for before purchasing.

Clutch? Brakes? Tires? Mag Suspension?

Anything specific?

Thank you so much in advance! hoping in the next month I can pull the trigger.

Thanks all!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Purchasing R8 - Need your help @30k miles

Make sure you check the A/C and no matter what, make sure you do a PPI before buying anything.

Quote Originally Posted by tmargalit View Post
    Make sure you check the A/C and no matter what, make sure you do a PPI before buying anything.
    Thank you! Yes PPI for sure

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Some of the big ones include the mag ride, A/C, oil leaks, and clutch... but clearly those are part of a good PPI. If you're planning on getting a quality PPI, I think you'll have all of the "common" issues covered there.

Because a PPI is also just a moment in time inspection, I'd also suggest looking into an extended warranty. Audi Pure Protection Platinum or Fidelity Platinum are both quality options. Plenty of posts on the forum discussing the benefits of either. Be warned, though, that the prices have been rapidly increasing as the actuaries seem to be catching up on what R8's CAN actually cost to repair.

Best of luck in your hunt.
    2015 Audi R8 V10 | S-Tronic | Brilliant Red on Black | Carbon Blades | Carbon Trim | Sport Exhaust | Full Leather | Contrast Stitching | OEM 5-Piece R8 Luggage | Full XPEL Ultimate | Fully Stock | Original Owner

-- Other Vehicles --
    2017 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe
    2012 Audi Q5

Hidden Content

All above are true, but you can't really check the A/C. When it fails, if you're lucky, it's just a pressure switch, but when the compressor goes, it goes. Nothing can predict that failure. I will suggest that you use it for a little while every time you drive the car. Apparently, that keeps things circulating and should make it last longer. I'm definitely doing that with my new one.

8. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements