PPI recommendations UK

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Thread: PPI recommendations UK

PPI recommendations UK

Hey there -

I've never had a PPI carried out before so I don't really know what I'm doing, but I judging from some of the horror stories I think it would be sensible to get one on an R8. I'm looking to buy a 2011-ish V10 Spyder in the UK and I'd like to know if anyone has had a PPI carried out and been happy with the service. I'm in Leeds, West Yorkshire if that makes a difference.

Also, in your experience, how do dealers/private sellers react to a customer saying that they'd need a PPI before they will purchase?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: PPI recommendations UK

You are definately doing the right thing in getting a PPI done. These cars are hardly known for any real horror stories (frame cracking issues aside) but it's very easy to rack-up some big bills. And, if any seller, dealer or private was to refuse one to be undertaken then run a mile. As for who to get it done by, Ricky at RE Performance in Swindon would probably be the best choice but whether or not he would have the time only he can say. IIRC, Pompeyreece on here had one done by the AA so maybe drop him a PM.
    10 V10 Coupe, Ibis, 6MT, Capristo, Carbon Blades, OZ Ultraleggera HLT's, Maxton Splitter.
    Maintained by RE Performance.

Mitsubishi Evo V1 RS450 Extreme

Hidden Content

Thanks Trev - Ricky would definitely be my first choice, but he's 185 miles away so I think the distance will be prohibitive! I'm going to start looking for national companies who can turn up anywhere and do the inspection, it's just there seems to be a pretty bewildering choice and no way of knowing who's legit!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

This guy is definitely not local but he does travel:

http://www.sportscarinspections.co.uk/

He did an inspection on my V8 before I bought it, and on another just before which I didn't end up buying. He's actually a good friend of mine but I've put him in touch with others and they've had good experiences. If you don't get any joy with anyone local – or can't get Ricky REP to travel! – he might be worth keeping in mind.

Or ask for a car you're serious about to be dropped into an Audi dealership for an inspection (at your expense of course). It's not quite the same as a regular PPI but a whole lot better than nothing. I once bought a BMW from Belfast and before I gave a deposit and flew over to collect it I had the owner drop it into the local dealer for their opinion on it.
    Last edited by Markos; 09-14-2019 at 01:06 AM.
    Ex-2008 Phantom Black 6MT V8 R8, now a Volvo Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Trev450 View Post
    IIRC, Pompeyreece on here had one done by the AA so maybe drop him a PM.
    RAC not AA Trev, as AA don’t do R8’s unless they have changed their stance!

But RAC charge £500 for their full blown, top end documented report - well worth it. Not found anyone else who would document their findings - most indies would be verbal costing £100-£200.
    Last edited by pompeyreece; Yesterday at 08:47 AM.
    Audi R8 - 2008 V8 - manual - black/dark grey
    Audi A3 - 2010 TDi - manual - black
    VW Golf - 2006 Gti - manual - black

Quote Originally Posted by pompeyreece View Post
    RAC not AA Trev, unless the AA have changed their stance!

But RAC charge £500 for their full blown, top end documented report - well worth it. Not found anyone else who would document their findings - most indies would be verbal costing £100-£200.
    Thanks for correcting me Reece.
    10 V10 Coupe, Ibis, 6MT, Capristo, Carbon Blades, OZ Ultraleggera HLT's, Maxton Splitter.
    Maintained by RE Performance.

Mitsubishi Evo V1 RS450 Extreme

Hidden Content

9. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements